The Student Room Group

Sheffield university

Anyone else has no friends going to the same uni 😭 I’m not even in it yet and freaking out bcs I legit don’t know anyone. Anyone want to become friends or something 😭🙌
Original post by luv_ur_miso
Anyone else has no friends going to the same uni 😭 I’m not even in it yet and freaking out bcs I legit don’t know anyone. Anyone want to become friends or something 😭🙌

Hi @luv_ur_miso ,

I know it's a different university but I thought I'd reply to this anyway!

From my experience of living in Sheffield, nearly everyone has been really friendly and welcoming! It's a great city to live in, and I've met lots of people from Uni of Sheffield who have been really nice so try not to worry about it!
There will be lots of opportunities to meet people at uni, in your flat, on nights out and through societies! I have met lots of friends on nights out and people from both universities tend to go to the same places so there is loads of people that you will meet.

I would recommend joining some Facebook groups before you come! I'm sure Sheffield uni will have a Facebook group and you can usually also join specific groups for your accommodation or your course which is a great opportunity to meet people that you might be living or studying with! I did this before I arrived at uni and managed to find some of my flatmates so it was a lot less daunting when I arrived as I knew some of them! Also just on other social media you may be able to find some people too.

I hope this helps!

Lucy -SHU student ambassador.
Reply 2
Original post by hallamstudents
hi @luv_ur_miso ,
i know it's a different university but i thought i'd reply to this anyway!
From my experience of living in sheffield, nearly everyone has been really friendly and welcoming! It's a great city to live in, and i've met lots of people from uni of sheffield who have been really nice so try not to worry about it!
There will be lots of opportunities to meet people at uni, in your flat, on nights out and through societies! I have met lots of friends on nights out and people from both universities tend to go to the same places so there is loads of people that you will meet.
I would recommend joining some facebook groups before you come! I'm sure sheffield uni will have a facebook group and you can usually also join specific groups for your accommodation or your course which is a great opportunity to meet people that you might be living or studying with! I did this before i arrived at uni and managed to find some of my flatmates so it was a lot less daunting when i arrived as i knew some of them! Also just on other social media you may be able to find some people too.
I hope this helps!
Lucy -shu student ambassador.

thank you smm this helped tyyy
Heyy we have a gc would you like to join?
My experience at a sheffield offer holder day was extremely good, even though I was very unsure if I wanted to go sheffield university, like the people at it made it seem like a very nice place, I met some second year dude and we like instantly clicked, he even told me I should let him know if I'm coming to Sheffield he will introduce me to everyone ahah. All I can say is you don't have to worry at all, everyone is very welcoming and I think you'll be fine in finding lots of friends just even walking around in the departments, or maybe I just got lucky lmfao
Original post by HaseebAhmad
My experience at a sheffield offer holder day was extremely good, even though I was very unsure if I wanted to go sheffield university, like the people at it made it seem like a very nice place, I met some second year dude and we like instantly clicked, he even told me I should let him know if I'm coming to Sheffield he will introduce me to everyone ahah. All I can say is you don't have to worry at all, everyone is very welcoming and I think you'll be fine in finding lots of friends just even walking around in the departments, or maybe I just got lucky lmfao

This is so true! They seemed so nice and the staff were lovely and everyone was so welcoming. I had second doubts of firming Sheffield but now I’ve firmed and it’s the best decision!
Heyy, have you firmed sheffield? What course, if you don't mind me asking?😃🤞(I applied for biomed) - I haven't decided yet but sheff is in my top i thinkk. I'm down to be friends!
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 7
Original post by jojo257_
Heyy, have you firmed sheffield? What course, if you don't mind me asking?😃🤞(I applied for biomed) - I haven't decided yet but sheff is in my top i thinkk. I'm down to be friends!

Hey OMGG yess let’s be friends I’m doing journalism and I’ve firmed. I’m actually going to the open day next week 🙌
Hey OMGG yess let’s be friends I’m doing journalism and I’ve firmed. I’m actually going to the open day next week 🙌
STOPP THATS WHEN I BOOKED MINE FOR ..!! THE 23RD RIGHT?????😮 my sessions in the afternoon though like 2-4:30 pm, when's yours?
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 9
stopp thats when i booked mine for ..!! The 23rd right?????😮 my sessions in the afternoon though like 2-4:30 pm

so is mine whatt 😭dude do u have insta or something ??
so is mine whatt 😭dude do u have insta or something ??
yess, i can private message u it
yess, i can private message u it

Okkk !

Heyy I applied for biomed too!
Original post by curiousgeorge12
Heyy I applied for biomed too!
Hiyaa, nicee, are you thinking of Sheffield as your firm? and do u have a top 2 ?🤗
(edited 1 month ago)
Hiyaa, nicee, are you thinking of Sheffield as your firm? and do u have a top 2 ?🤗

I’ve firmed Sheffield! I have Cardiff as insurance
Original post by curiousgeorge12
I’ve firmed Sheffield! I have Cardiff as insurance

sweett, I also applied to Cardiff, do u have ig? 🙌
sweett, I also applied to Cardiff, do u have ig? 🙌

Just dm’d you!

Hi,

When I started uni, I didn't know anyone that would be at the same uni as me.
Whilst this was a daunting experience, a lot of people were in similar situations and so everyone was really friendly. In my seminars we got to talk to each other a little and so we got to meet other people on our course.
I would recommend joining societies, or at least the give it a go's, as I found this a easy way to talk to lots of people and then make friends.
Sheffield has over 350 societies, so I'm sure you will find something that you enjoy.
There were also lots of events during and around freshers, for people to meet each other.

Lizzie (BSc Mathematics and Philosophy - University of Sheffield)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending