The Student Room Group

OCR Advanced Innovation Challenge - JOB BAG

IF you are going to do the Advanced innovation challenge, what are you going to put into your job bag for retail environments, and what are you allowed to take in? Could I take in my textbook (I have no clue ( my teacher is clueless))? Thanks for any help
Reply 1
Original post by SmallMan
IF you are going to do the Advanced innovation challenge, what are you going to put into your job bag for retail environments, and what are you allowed to take in? Could I take in my textbook (I have no clue ( my teacher is clueless))? Thanks for any help

It would be a good idea to put in the 5 W's Such as Who? What? When? Why? and Where? Also look up the OCR website for past papers, the January 2013 examiners report explains the previous 6 challenges given....hopefully these challenges will help you find further research.

I would also look up mechenism such as rotating, swivelling etc...this may help you design your product.

That is a good question about taking in textbooks but if i were you id pick out relevant infomation...this will save time.
Reply 2
Original post by DGorsia
It would be a good idea to put in the 5 W's Such as Who? What? When? Why? and Where? Also look up the OCR website for past papers, the January 2013 examiners report explains the previous 6 challenges given....hopefully these challenges will help you find further research.

I would also look up mechanism such as rotating, swiveling etc...this may help you design your product.

That is a good question about taking in textbooks but if i were you id pick out relevant information...this will save time.

Thanks, will definitely add that in, and I've marked the pages that I found relevant
Reply 3
Hey do you by any chance know anyone doing The gcse innovation challenge for OCR?
Reply 4
i was talking about the AS level challenge above, not too sure about the GCSE one!
I am SO GLAD this thread exists...

What is a Job Bag, and what do I put in it?

What on Earth happens in the exam? What's the format? What do I need to do to get marks?

I'm looking at a High A on Coursework, and I really want to maintain that A overall, with as many UMS as possible...

But I have no idea- I asked my teacher these questions and have had no response, and I am panicking so much!
Original post by Anny Smiles
I am SO GLAD this thread exists...

What is a Job Bag, and what do I put in it?

What on Earth happens in the exam? What's the format? What do I need to do to get marks?

I'm looking at a High A on Coursework, and I really want to maintain that A overall, with as many UMS as possible...

But I have no idea- I asked my teacher these questions and have had no response, and I am panicking so much!
i am also doing an exam tomorrow, im doing biology alevel i may be able to give you some ideas about whats involved in this exam. a job bag is a rucksack or carrier bag that you put job related work in to carry it around.the format is an exam where you sit in a room for 6 hours working through the exam booklet-as usual, the popular ideas in the exam are circuits and electricity related ideas, also the use of machines and there different parts. im glad i could be of assistance The BOSS-Jake Coles, a little background information about me, i am not doing any technology related subjects, i think they are a waste of time.
Reply 7
Hi, i also have the exam tomorrow and i was just wondering if anyone knows if we are aloud to bring in past exam mark schemes to help and guide?
I've got the AS AIC test in about 12 days and I've got info on plastics, woods (hard and soft), metals, joining techniques, inspiration pictures and Manufactured boards.
Anything else I can add in? I think I've got everything but there's always something missing, isn't there?
Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending