The Student Room Group

Exam results

Hi all, today I sat my final exam for 3rd year. I was a direct entrant from college so unsure how the university works.

I am awaiting results back for;

Dissertation

A log book

2 essays

Exam

I feel that I may have failed some of these, especially my exam as I was first out of the exam by a proverbial mile.

Can someone please help me with some information regarding resits?

How many times will I get to resit the exam? What if I fail resit (possibility)

Average cost per re-sit?

Will resits be same questions? Will I have previous test results in exam to refer to etc???

Thanks
Original post by scottr30
Hi all, today I sat my final exam for 3rd year. I was a direct entrant from college so unsure how the university works.

I am awaiting results back for;

Dissertation

A log book

2 essays

Exam

I feel that I may have failed some of these, especially my exam as I was first out of the exam by a proverbial mile.

Can someone please help me with some information regarding resits?

How many times will I get to resit the exam? What if I fail resit (possibility)

Average cost per re-sit?

Will resits be same questions? Will I have previous test results in exam to refer to etc???

Thanks

Most unis don't allow for resits unless you fail. If so they either cap you at 40%, or make you keep your original mark then allow you to use 'x' modules as prerequisites for modules the year after.

In your case you pretty much just had the one shot sadly =[

Uni can be brutal.
Reply 2
I know that I will get the chance to resit exam, but I meant what if I fail that? Do you think I will get more than 1 chance to resit?
I know that I will get the chance to resit exam, but I meant what if I fail that? Do you think I will get more than 1 chance to resit?

Not really sure what uni you go to- however the vast majority of unis do cap resits at 40%.
Reply 4
Yeah they cap at 40% but do you have any idea regarding amount of resits?

No idea- never had to do one I'm afraid.
Reply 6

If you fail your resit during summer, it'll mean you have to repeat the entire year if you want to do the exam for the 3rd time. Then you'll probably get a 4th time during next summer. After that, the uni will probably tell you to quit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending