The Student Room Group

URGENT

Ok so as I am resitting my AL's I have decided to not resit with my school. I chose this other exam centre as my school doesn't supply me with predicteds after 2 years, they would only allow me to sit final exams. Therefire I chose this other exam centre so that I can get predicted grades and also be able to sit final exams. On my UCAS I used references from my old school (used a buzzword for that) and UCAS told me I cannot add my exam centre to my UCAS but I can get them to email all my unis with my predicted grades which my new exam centre is willing to do. And on results day I will have to take a picture of my AL result and send it to unis. Now I was wondering if I use my new exam centre to send off my predicted grades, but then register for final exams with my school (which is far closer and easier to get to) , as all I need to do is send a pic of my AL results to unis next year, what difference does it make where I do my A levels from? But what I want to know is if this is something I would be allowed to do basically. Sorry for the rant!
Original post by pigeonwarrior
Ok so as I am resitting my AL's I have decided to not resit with my school. I chose this other exam centre as my school doesn't supply me with predicteds after 2 years, they would only allow me to sit final exams. Therefire I chose this other exam centre so that I can get predicted grades and also be able to sit final exams. On my UCAS I used references from my old school (used a buzzword for that) and UCAS told me I cannot add my exam centre to my UCAS but I can get them to email all my unis with my predicted grades which my new exam centre is willing to do. And on results day I will have to take a picture of my AL result and send it to unis. Now I was wondering if I use my new exam centre to send off my predicted grades, but then register for final exams with my school (which is far closer and easier to get to) , as all I need to do is send a pic of my AL results to unis next year, what difference does it make where I do my A levels from? But what I want to know is if this is something I would be allowed to do basically. Sorry for the rant!

So get my predicteds from somewhere else but sit exams with my school which is wayyy closer to my house
Your predicted grades are part of your reference.

You need to decide whether you want your reference provided by your sixth form without predictions or by your new exam centre. If you want to change from your sixth form then you’ll need ucas to unlink your application from the buzzword.

Your reference is completely separate from listing your places of study and qualifications on your education section. You need to list your school and sixth form and your GCSEs and A level results from the past.
Then you ALSO need to list your exam centre for the months you’ll be studying/taking exams there up until August 2024. If you are only sitting mocks and final exams and not getting regular tuition then that centre should be listed as part time attendance. Once you’ve added the exam centre you can list your pending A level exams with a 2024 august award date.
Original post by PQ
Your predicted grades are part of your reference.

You need to decide whether you want your reference provided by your sixth form without predictions or by your new exam centre. If you want to change from your sixth form then you’ll need ucas to unlink your application from the buzzword.

Your reference is completely separate from listing your places of study and qualifications on your education section. You need to list your school and sixth form and your GCSEs and A level results from the past.
Then you ALSO need to list your exam centre for the months you’ll be studying/taking exams there up until August 2024. If you are only sitting mocks and final exams and not getting regular tuition then that centre should be listed as part time attendance. Once you’ve added the exam centre you can list your pending A level exams with a 2024 august award date.

oki doki! thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending