The Student Room Group

Bad AS grades good predicted..

Are AS grades compulsory to include on your UCAS application? I have 3 A level predicted grades and 1 as achieved grade if my achieved AS grade is bad can I not include it on my application and just use my three predicted grades? Thanks
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by haidaralikhan1
Are AS grades compulsory to include on your UCAS application? I have 3 A level predicted grades and 1 as achieved grade if my achieved AS grade is bad can I not include it on my application and just use my three predicted grades? Thanks

You need to include the AS result. From this UCAS page: "You must enter all your qualifications from secondary education onwards whether you have the result (even any that were ungraded) or you’re still awaiting exams and results."

You have to declare it- you must declare all achieved grades.
Reply 3
If you have an achieved AS grade you must include it on your UCAS application - it would be seen as fraud if you deliberately omit this, something UCAS and the Unis take seriously.

Ask your school to simply explain in their reference that this was a weak subject, hence you have now dropped it.

It is dependent whether these are formal exams set and marked by the exam board or not. Formal AS exams tend to be taken in Wales, Northern Ireland and Internationally. These have to be declared. In England the vast majority of schools dont take formal AS exams. They are school internal exams marked by the teachers and these do not have to be declared. If you are in England check with your school or college to see whether these were formal exams. Given the timescale it appears unlikely these were formal exams as the formal AS results are out the same day as A levels.
Reply 5
Do you think it will affect me if I got A*A*A predicted but C achieved? (I want to do Econ at Nottingham/Warick/UCL) I just have an incling I flopped the Paper
Do you think it will affect me if I got A*A*A predicted but C achieved? (I want to do Econ at Nottingham/Warick/UCL) I just have an incling I flopped the Paper

(Edited my original response as I realise you probably mean "A*A*A* predicted at A level, but C achieved at AS level".)

If you are predicted an A or an A* at A level, but only achieve a C in that same subject an AS level, then any university is going to skeptical as to the accuracy of those predictions and may decide that they're likely overly optimistic. This might make them less likely to make an offer.

However, this only applies if you have taken external examinations - i.e. actual AS levels set and marked by the examination board. If, however, you are just taking end-of-year exams, which your school might casually refer to as AS levels, then these won't appear on your UCAS form anyway. See post #5 above where @swanseajack1 made exactly this point, and which you've yet to acknowledge or respond to.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 7
I am taking an external exam, however its not my 3 main subjects. I do Maths Econ and Sociology, which I am confident in A*/A predicteds. Yet I sat Physics AS and think Ill get a C
If it is a 4h subject then it shouldnt matter. How do you know your AS results. These dont come out until results day in August.
Original post by swanseajack1
If it is a 4h subject then it shouldnt matter. How do you know your AS results. These dont come out until results day in August.

I don't think OP does know their grades; they're just predicting that they've not done as well as they'd have liked:

...if my achieved AS grade is bad...

...if I got A*A*A predicted but C achieved? ...I just have an incling I flopped the Paper

...I sat Physics AS and think Ill get a C

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending