The Student Room Group

University of Birmingham Nursing Firmers!

Hi everyone,

Decided to make this thread for all of UoB nursing firmers! This is so we can get to know each other before the start of our course in Sept, discuss any issues in filling out the health forms, accommodation etc.

:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello :smile:

congratulations to everyone who is got an offer and are deciding to firm Birmingham!

i firmed Birmingham too.. cannot wait, going to the open day next month too.

anyone coming from Ireland like me?
Reply 2
Hello. :smile: I've firmed UoB :smile: but I'll be commuting!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Hi guys

Congrats to u all on ur offers !! iv firmed UOB over a toss up between BCU.
Wanted to know what u guys think about course possibly closing also would love to get to know ppl and add u guys to my facebook😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by drolein90
Hello :smile:

congratulations to everyone who is got an offer and are deciding to firm Birmingham!

i firmed Birmingham too.. cannot wait, going to the open day next month too.

anyone coming from Ireland like me?

Congrats!

Wow all the way from Ireland? I think I'll be commuting to uni.
Reply 5
Original post by Boqore
Congrats!

Where you commuting from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I've firmed UoB too!
Does anyone know what we do on the NHS bursary? It gives options for Adult and Child nursing?
x
Reply 7
Original post by Sannah.x
Where you commuting from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

B'ham :biggrin: And you?
Reply 8
Original post by chhighton1
I've firmed UoB too!
Does anyone know what we do on the NHS bursary? It gives options for Adult and Child nursing?
x

I just put down Adult Nursing, but I think you should give them a ring as the course at B'ham isn't tailored to a specific branch in our 1st year.
Reply 9
Original post by Boqore
B'ham :biggrin: And you?

Ahh lucky !! Haha I'm coming from Coventry :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Ahh lucky !! Haha I'm coming from Coventry :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Coventry is not far from B'ham, alot of my friends commute to Cov uni.
Don't worry, I hear that there is a train station that drops you off right outside uni so it's pretty commutable (it's the only uni that has it's own station I hear :^_^:).
Reply 11
Original post by Boqore
Coventry is not far from B'ham, alot of my friends commute to Cov uni.
Don't worry, I hear that there is a train station that drops you off right outside uni so it's pretty commutable (it's the only uni that has it's own station I hear :^_^:).

Yep I'm not worrying about getting to and from uni, only thing I'm worrying about is night placements in Birmingham! Lol. Commuting at stupid o'clock on my own in another city isn't ideal for a lady lol! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Yep I'm not worrying about getting to and from uni, only thing I'm worrying about is night placements in Birmingham! Lol. Commuting at stupid o'clock on my own in another city isn't ideal for a lady lol! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, tell me about it! I'm hoping in buying a car before then (don't know how as it's so expensive :s-smilie: ) because I don't want to be travelling too far for placements. Maybe staying on campus would be easier I guess:tongue:
Reply 13
Original post by Boqore
Lol, tell me about it! I'm hoping in buying a car before then (don't know how as it's so expensive :s-smilie: ) because I don't want to be travelling too far for placements. Maybe staying on campus would be easier I guess:tongue:

I can't afford a car :frown: lol. I hope we'll be okay anyway lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by Boqore
Congrats!

ya i cannot wait! going to the open day in June so I am really looking forward to it. have ye got the crb check that we must do yet?
Hello,

Im also excited because I made UoB my firm and have now also meet my offer criteria! :biggrin:

Congrats to everyone also! Would be great to get to know some people before september :smile:

Has anybody gotten any invites to applicants day yet though?? They said they do them between april-october.
Reply 16
I can't afford a car :frown: lol. I hope we'll be okay anyway lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Sannah! How's your essay coming along? I feel lost :s
Reply 17
Is that the a2b essay

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by Leanora
Is that the a2b essay

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by Boqore
Yeah :smile:

Im
Doing it as well i aint started yet!!! Im crack on thou coz really this essay is worth £3600 Im doing the elderly man. Are u going to the visit day on thursday.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending