The Student Room Group

Coventry adult nursing January 2022

Anyone going to Coventry in January 2022 studying adult nursing ? let's be friends.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi ....I'm going but in May 2022...we can still be friends.
Reply 2
I'm starting January 2022 as well. sure we can be friends. is there any group chat?
Reply 3
Original post by ayyes
I'm starting January 2022 as well. sure we can be friends. is there any group chat?

Thnx😊...I dont think there's a group chat.
Reply 4
I don't think there is any.
Reply 5
Original post by ayyes

Apologies for late reply. We dont have one yet. Do u want to create one?
Reply 6
Original post by Nadia71
Apologies for late reply. We dont have one yet. Do u want to create one?

sure
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Aakriti01
Anyone going to Coventry in January 2022 studying adult nursing ? let's be friends.

hi there,
I am starting in January as well. Adult Nursing ( Coventry University).
I am looking for friends too. Let's make the journey less daunting by sharing our experiences, worries etc...
Hey guys, it's great to hear you guys will be starting in January!

If you guys have any questions you'd like to ask about the course, uni, accommodation, city etc. feel free to ask :smile:

Veronica
Student Ambassador
Reply 9
Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Hey guys, it's great to hear you guys will be starting in January!

If you guys have any questions you'd like to ask about the course, uni, accommodation, city etc. feel free to ask :smile:

Veronica
Student Ambassador

Hi Veronica,
It's great to hear from you. I have a crucial question. For those doing the blended learning Nursing programme, I guess we have our placements pre-planned. Does the school make exceptions for people like us who'll rent short-term or for each placement block???
Reply 10
Original post by bebelaure
hi there,
I am starting in January as well. Adult Nursing ( Coventry University).
I am looking for friends too. Let's make the journey less daunting by sharing our experiences, worries etc...

Sure I will message you.
Original post by Nadia71
Hi Veronica,
It's great to hear from you. I have a crucial question. For those doing the blended learning Nursing programme, I guess we have our placements pre-planned. Does the school make exceptions for people like us who'll rent short-term or for each placement block???

Hi @Nadia71,

Thank you for your message!
I don't believe the university will, no. To my knowledge, the placement coordinator is able to take into consideration any factors that may impact you while on placement, however, it's up to you to sort yourself out. By that I mean, the university can only do so much to support you and if you require something such as accommodation because you're placed far away, it's your responsibility to organise that.
However, it's best to ask the placement coordinator at the next opportunity for clarification.

I hope this is informative.

Veronica
Student Ambassador
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 12
Hey, I just found this thread. Im also starting adult nursing in jan. If theres a group chat can I be added 😊
Reply 13
Hi @Nadia71,

Thank you for your message!
I don't believe the university will, no. To my knowledge, the placement coordinator is able to take into consideration any factors that may impact you while on placement, however, it's up to you to sort yourself out. By that I mean, the university can only do so much to support you and if you require something such as accommodation because you're placed far away, it's your responsibility to organise that.
However, it's best to ask the placement coordinator at the next opportunity for clarification.

I hope this is informative.

Veronica
Student Ambassador

Thank you Veronica. For those attending the open day, will there be a meet and greet for directions from Birmingham Airport to the venue???
Original post by Nadia71
Thank you Veronica. For those attending the open day, will there be a meet and greet for directions from Birmingham Airport to the venue???

Hi @Nadia71,

To my knowledge, on previous open/applicant days, I've known the university to arrange transport for international students to be picked up from the airport. However, due to COVID, I'm not sure if this is still going on. I suggest contacting the university to find out if this has resumed. If not, you can always use public transport such as the local buses or trains to get to Coventry University.
If you'd like some more information regarding local transport from the airport to the university please let me know and I can try and provide some guidance for you.

Veronica
Student Ambassador
Reply 15
Hi @Nadia71,

To my knowledge, on previous open/applicant days, I've known the university to arrange transport for international students to be picked up from the airport. However, due to COVID, I'm not sure if this is still going on. I suggest contacting the university to find out if this has resumed. If not, you can always use public transport such as the local buses or trains to get to Coventry University.
If you'd like some more information regarding local transport from the airport to the university please let me know and I can try and provide some guidance for you.

Veronica
Student Ambassador

Thanks Veronica, I'll be delighted to get some info about public transport please.

Many thanks!
Original post by Nadia71
Thanks Veronica, I'll be delighted to get some info about public transport please.

Many thanks!

Hi @Nadia71,

Thank you for getting back to me!

There are a few ways you can get to Coventry University from Birmingham airport and these are through: train, taxi or bus.

Taxi - you can download an app called Ola or Uber and book a taxi to the university. Travel time is approximately 20 minutes, excluding traffic and any delays on the way. Prices vary.

Train - you can get a train from Birmingham International, which is the train station situated within the airport. There should be a direct train to and from Coventry that takes between 10-20 minutes. Again, excluding train works/delays. You can get a return ticket for the same day for a price of under £6.

Bus - can take up to an hour to get to Coventry University. The buses you get more than likely will terminate in Coventry City Centre at Pool Meadow Bus station. From there, the university is a 5-minute walk. The bus to look out for is the X1 - bus timetable.

I hope this helps!

Veronica
Student Ambassador
Reply 17
Original post by Aakriti01

Hi, happy to answer any queries you may have about renting and the important steps to take on the day you move in to avoid any safety issues or unreasonable deposit charges when you move out.
Reply 18
Original post by GMDB
Hi, happy to answer any queries you may have about renting and the important steps to take on the day you move in to avoid any safety issues or unreasonable deposit charges when you move out.

thanks but I'm catching the train
Heya, I do have a question; I will be studying the MSc Adult Nursing Blended Learning (pre-registration). I was trying to apply for postgraduate student finance and it said I can’t get it if I’m getting the NHS bursary / learning fund.. are you able to confirm?
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending