The Student Room Group

M1?

Hi all!

I've recently being doing some Edexcel M1 past papers. I have completed almost all of them, and I was just wondering whether there has been a change in the papers.

I mean from the years 2000-2005, the papers were a bit more challenging than recent years. Has there been a change in the phrasing of the questions (for example GCSE Edexcel Linear papers have become more 'wordy' than previous years).

Thanks.
Original post by park1996
Hi all!

I've recently being doing some Edexcel M1 past papers. I have completed almost all of them, and I was just wondering whether there has been a change in the papers.

I mean from the years 2000-2005, the papers were a bit more challenging than recent years. Has there been a change in the phrasing of the questions (for example GCSE Edexcel Linear papers have become more 'wordy' than previous years).

Thanks.

Have you done the January 2009 paper? It is generally accepted as being the hardest paper of the post-2000 era.
Reply 2
Jan 2013 had some pretty tough questions aswell.
Reply 3
Original post by tiny hobbit
Have you done the January 2009 paper? It is generally accepted as being the hardest paper of the post-2000 era.

What do you think the reason to that might be? I've done it and got 69/75 and I do admit it is a bit tricky but you can easily over come it by just applying knowledge. 63/75 for 100 UMS is a joke as that's sometime not even what you need for an A on normal papers. Do you think they'll come out with such paper again?
Original post by Loiks94
What do you think the reason to that might be? I've done it and got 69/75 and I do admit it is a bit tricky but you can easily over come it by just applying knowledge. 63/75 for 100 UMS is a joke as that's sometime not even what you need for an A on normal papers. Do you think they'll come out with such paper again?

No.
Reply 5

Yeah, its really hard.
Reply 6
Original post by park1996
Yeah, its really hard.

How are you finding it so far? I think if you can do the 2009 papers you'll be alright as that's the hardest they will ever get. What have you been getting in past papers? Make sure to do them all.
No.

I got negged for this honest answer.

I didn't explain at the time because I was short of time.

The examiner who wrote this was trying to bring the graade boundaries down from the ridiculous heights where they had been, such as 67 for an A. Once the Jan 2009 paper had happened, he realised that he'd overdone it, so no, there won't be another paper like it.
Reply 8
Original post by Loiks94
How are you finding it so far? I think if you can do the 2009 papers you'll be alright as that's the hardest they will ever get. What have you been getting in past papers? Make sure to do them all.

M1 is fine to be honest. I was just curious because the pre-2005 papers seemed to be more challenging than recent ones.

Yeah, I've probably completed every paper in existence. Now I am doing the Solomon ones.

I felt sorry for you soo... Enjoy your rep back :wink:
Reply 10

I didn't explain at the time because I was short of time.

The examiner who wrote this was trying to bring the graade boundaries down from the ridiculous heights where they had been, such as 67 for an A. Once the Jan 2009 paper had happened, he realised that he'd overdone it, so no, there won't be another paper like it.

What's to neg lol? All you did was give your opinion! :smile:

So does one examiner make up the paper!?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending