The Student Room Group

Hypothetical 2013/02 - North Korean Conflict

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Birchington
QFA

RoryS
QFA

OOC: How does the SC work for a hype? Do we just discuss in here?
Original post by Qwertish
It should be noted by the members that the Commonwealth of Australia is now in a state of war with the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.

As such, we can no longer act as mediator for any talks. Our ports remain open to allied and NATO vessels.

[North Korea]

We find it quite frankly hilarious that a nation such as Australia feels they can stand up to the might of the Korean People's Army.

As yet, the world has failed miserably against the strength of the Korean people. Our army is ready and capable of defending our great nation against foreign threats.

Attack and we will launch a full nuclear strike.

http://youtu.be/Ru3egGbVoaA
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 42
Original post by david9640
[North Korea]

Statement on behalf of our Supreme Leader:

"The west continues to undermine the unification of the Korean people. The world should listen to our warnings. Nations have questioned our resolve, but we shall stand strong in the face of imperialism. Our attack on Japan was warranted and justified. Take it as a token of our mercy that we did not take more serious action. We request that America and her allies IMMEDIATELY stop their needless provocation of the situation. Should our warnings not be heeded then the consequences for these nations and all who support them shall be dire.

The west has asked us to negotiate peacefully. But the Korean War lives long in the memory of our people. During this war, the Americans showed their true colours, and we therefore REFUSE to negotiate with such a nation. The Re-Unification of the Korean People should be decided by the Korean people and no-one else.

Our Nation shall prevail through adversity. Our people shall strive for greatness. Your people shall pay for your sins"

The US dismisses these as empty threats in the face of annihilation. The US has made advancements upon the Korean peninsula, and we can confirm our co-ordinated strikes have knocked out North Korean bases upon the East coast. We will be pushing forward with heavier force and power in the coming days.
Reply 43

I think you discuss it in here with everyone else but don't quote me on it!

Birchington
QFA

Can you shed some light on this? Cheers. :wink:
Reply 44
The UK and New Zealand has made the decision to fuly mobilise its fleet and deploy them to the naval bases in Sydney pending further action on our behalf [australia allowing of course]
We will also be deploying 2 T45 destroyers to the sea of Japan to moniter the situation.
In response to the declaration of war by the Imperialist oppressors, we have fired missiles into Seoul, killing an estimated 200 people.

Our full forces number:

Active + Reserve Personnel: 9,306,000
Aircraft Numbers: 1,700
Navy Vessels: 708

We expect the Chinese to contribute to our defence in the coming days. During verbal contact with our Great Leader the Chinese Premier expressed anger at the actions of the United States in attacking our East Coast. We remind the United States that their economy is dependent on trade with China, the nation who currently own a large proportion of US debt.

We refute the claim that significant damage has been made to our bases on the east coast. A task force 300,000 in numbers has been sent to the east coast to ensure that the security of this region remains strong. In addition to this, air support has been provided and the navy has mobilized both submarines and patrol combatants to tackle any invasion forces.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FULL STATEMENT FROM THE DEMOCRATIC PEOPLE’S REPUBLIC OF KOREA.

We hereby announce that the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea has declared a state of war with the following nations:

The Republic of Korea;
The United States of America;
The United Kingdom;
The State of Japan;
New Zealand
The Commonwealth of Australia.

We have not taken this decision lightly. American attacks on our east coast showed a blatant disregard for our nation’s sovereignty, and a clear disrespect towards our people.

Our military has been fully mobilised and national service is now in action.
We have given the United States of America and her allies’ one final ultimatum, which is described below.

The United States of America and her allies’ shall announce an end to the provocation of the Korean conflict. If this demand is not met the following shall be our response.

1300 Hours
Chemical Weapons shall be launched into the populated areas of Seoul and Tokyo.

1700 Hours
A full Nuclear War shall be declared.

1800 Hours
A Nuclear Missile shall be launched into Seoul.

1900 Hours
Nuclear Missiles shall be launched at the American east coast, as well as populated areas of Japan and South Korea.

Our Nation shall prevail through adversity. Our people shall strive for greatness. Your people shall pay for your sins.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 46
Uganda pleads with the world to resolve this issue through peaceful means. We cannot let a full scale war happen. We plead North Korea for dialogue and for the US to stop with the mobilisation of forces

Posted from TSR Mobile
OOC: I think we definitely need a Chinese rep for this one, considering SunderX has been removed.

IC: If the DPRK wishes to continues this path to self destruction then it is at their own peril.
The French Republic is officially declaring war on North Korea.
France urges China not to involve themselves in this, the international community has tolerated North Korea for long enough and the time has come to put a stop to their disastrous regime.
France also questions the use of nuclear weapons on Seoul considering the proximity to North Korea itself. Is North Korea so hellbent on using their alleged nuclear weapons that they'd even risk harming their own citizens?
France will be mobilizing troops to assist the United States and our allies soon.
[North Korea]

Should any further provocation occur between now and the deadline, we shall move the deadline for our nuclear strikes forward by 1 hour.

There is still a peaceful route out of this conflict. All that needs to happen is that you remove your troops. You choose. Millions dead from a Nuclear attack, or withdraw your military forces. We shall not accept any attack on our sovereignty!
OCC: Wonder what would actually happen in this sort of situation. If there were actually lives at stake.
Reply 50
OCC: Wonder what would actually happen in this sort of situation. If there were actually lives at stake.

OCC: we'd all probably be screwed. I can't see people taking it seriously though, and even if they did, North Korea wouldn't do it anyway. They know that if they did, south Korea would become the world's newest island :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
david9640
QFA

The threat of using chemical weapons, let alone the threat of unleashing nuclear war, is a most heinous act. You threaten not only our country, but also our close allies. You will feel the full weight of this Nation.

The following vessels will be patrolling the East Sea:
HMAS Anzac
HMAS Arunta
HMAS Warramunga
HMAS Stuart
HMAS Collins
HMAS Farncomb
HMAS Waller

And the following will be patrolling the Yellow Sea:
HMAS Parramatta
HMAS Ballarat
HMAS Toowoomba
HMAS Perth
HMAS Dechaineux
HMAS Sheean
HMAS Rankin

All vessels have orders to sink on sight, any vessel bearing North Korean markings.

Additionally, the HMAS Darwin, HMAS Melbourne, HMAS Newcastle and HMAS Sydney are moving into firing range of strategic coastal defences.

The 1st and 3rd Brigades of the Australian Army have been mobilised, and will remain south of Japan at the present time. As per Resolution 2013/2, there will be no ground invasion until such a time as it becomes vital for the prevention of nuclear war.

Targeted bombing runs aimed at known missile launch locations by our fleet of F-18s will begin shortly.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 52

North Korea would never pull a stunt like this in real life. Aiming a missile at Japan? If they ever even thought about it, South Korea would find themselves surrounded by water on all four sides very quickly.
Reply 53
If you just want it to be a private discussion, then it's best to use the subforum and plan any responses/resolutions.
Reply 54
The use of nuclear weapons must be agreed by the Security Council. It's a long standing MUN rule designed to keep things realistic.
Reply 55
NewsflashUS launches several strikes on the Eastern coast of North Korea

The United States has launched a series of mid-range ballistic missile strikes against several military bases on the Eastern coast of North Korea, co-ordinated with some small raids upon the South East and South by fighter jets.

The death toll is not yet known but figures are estimated to be in the low thousands. The Americans have confirmed this attack as an attempt to knock out naval facilities for the Pacific Theatre before an advance is made by the offshore strike force.

The US confirmed this morning a successful mission that has successful destroyed the 15 military bases on the coast:

"A clear path has been cut for us to channel our artillery through,' said Pentagon representative, 'We have ensured that our troops will be able to maximise their strike with efficiency."

A joint French and British task force is on its way from Europe to follow up strikes on the Western coast of North Korea whilst the Americans cut in from the South and the East.
OCC: Is there some sort of discussion over what attacks succeed? I mean, 15 military bases in one night against an army numbering 9 million, 1,700 in air support and numerous navy vessels sounds quite unlikely, even considering the gap in technology. I think America would be a bit more reluctant to invade considering N,Korea have actually got Nuclear Weapons, I don't think they would attack on the 'hunch' that N.Korea wouldn't use them. If a crazy regime like N.Korea were backed into a corner, like this situation seems to suggest is going to happen, then I could honestly see them using the Nukes, if the country is about to be taken over, then its not unlikely I would say.

[North Korea]

The Deadline has been moved forward by 1 hour for a Nuclear Strike. We have taken precautions to move some missiles to underground locations. We still have strong troop numbers on the east coast, only a few thousand casualties were sustained in recent imperialist attacks. Landmines and other hidden explosive devices have been placed along major invasion routes. Barricades have been set up to fight incoming ground attacks. Our ground forces in the region still number at least 300,000. Further troops have been deployed to the region.

The west coast is still fully defended. A further 400,000 troops have been deployed, as well as the current troop numbers of over 1 million in the region. Barricades have been setup as a precaution. Our troops have been instructed to fight to the death. Ahead of each barricade is a set number of troops, they are not to fall back. They will be shot on sight if they attempt to retreat behind our barricades. Tanks, as well as air support have been deployed to the region. Our troops also have Chemical Weapons at their disposal.

OCC: I'm still allowed to threaten right? I'll seek Security council approval if the worst comes to the worst, but I doubt it will.
(edited 10 years ago)
OOC: No-one seems to be online :P I'll feel bad if I launch an attack!

[North Korea]

Chemical Weapons have been used against Seoul. We await news of their success.

Strikes on Tokyo and further strikes on Seoul will follow in the coming hours unless word of the withdrawal of foreign forces is heard. Should word not be heard we shall continue as planned.
OOC: I'm in college atm so I'm not gonna respond with France yet but for any use of military force like that you need to put it through the Secretary General at least.
Reply 59
OOC: No-one seems to be online :P I'll feel bad if I launch an attack!

[North Korea]

Chemical Weapons have been used against Seoul. We await news of their success.

Strikes on Tokyo and further strikes on Seoul will follow in the coming hours unless word of the withdrawal of foreign forces is heard. Should word not be heard we shall continue as planned.

OOC: Uganda is online :P bit we can't really do anything because are army is a tad ****e :/

UN: Uganda and Mozambique are shocked by the events that have unfolded, and are declaring both of our countries neutral in this conflict

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending