The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by janedough
Applied 5th Dec, they replied on the 12th Dec. Interview is on wednesday ahh!! But I applied to do it at Leicester (it goes through coventry and is run by coventry and they do all the interviews ect) so I don't know if that has made any difference at all!

Out of interest, has anyone else applied through Coventry to go to Leicester?

hmmmm maybe i should be worried ....hoping to get a reply soon
Original post by janedough
Applied on 5th Dec, Cumbria replied on the 18th Dec so fairly quickly, my interview is on 29th! Teesside have already sent me a pack but the date of their interview clashed with Cumbria's so i'm waiting for them to give me an alternative date. The Teesside pack doesn't say much about what the interview involves other than group task and individual interview (bit vauge really!). But good luck with Teesside, let me know how it goes :smile:

Hmmm, I applied in October and still heard nothing :frown: Ahh yeah, it's a bit vague! I'll let you know what it's like :smile: Thankyou, good luck with Cumbria, and let me know what that one like, just in case I do get an interview! :smile:
Reply 582
Original post by Frankie3010
Hmmm, I applied in October and still heard nothing :frown: Ahh yeah, it's a bit vague! I'll let you know what it's like :smile: Thankyou, good luck with Cumbria, and let me know what that one like, just in case I do get an interview! :smile:

janedough dont suppose ya wanna give me and frankie your interviews you seem to be flying away with it
Reply 583
Original post by lmoylan
janedough dont suppose ya wanna give me and frankie your interviews you seem to be flying away with it

I'm completely shocked i've got 3, my grades aren't even good, i do have a rejection aswell though so not all wonderful! Fingers crossed you get yours soon, hearing nothing back straight away is better than a rejection so keep positive about it! The pile is only going to get smaller and smaller now we're past the deadline so I'm sure it wont be long :smile:
Reply 584
Has anyone applied to Huddersfield and been rejected? If so, did they state the reason?
I wasn't successful with them, which isn't that tragic but they didn't give me the reason for declining me and I'm a bit concerned about it.
Has anyone who's had a decision got an email from track twice? I got rejected yesterday but didn't get the email until 6pm tonight, but then at 9pm I got another track notification, but logged on and nothing else has changed?
Reply 586
Original post by Ellenafarrow14
Has anyone who's had a decision got an email from track twice? I got rejected yesterday but didn't get the email until 6pm tonight, but then at 9pm I got another track notification, but logged on and nothing else has changed?

Same with me, must be from their servers.
Reply 587
Original post by Springroo96
For Brunel interview did you have to do a written task or something similar?

Posted from TSR Mobile

In the 15 minute task, you will receive a choice of two questions to answer from. The questions are related to physiotherapy but are quite general so really requires what you've learnt on work exp or what your know about it. Don't worry about it, it's not that difficult! :smile:
Original post by lmoylan
when did you apply to coventry.... i applied over a month ago and no word so far yet one of my friends got rejected when she sent hers off a week after mine :/

Don't worry about response time in comparison to other applicants. The uni's look at the applications and first they reject everyone who they feel doesn't meet the requirements of the course. Then of all the people that do meet requirements, they split them into a good group and an excellent group. Then they may reject the good group a few weeks later and then give out interviews for the remaining people. (I got that from the nottingham website) so basically I think the longer you wait the better you've done!
Original post by Haz86
The Cardiff int was quite relaxed, it was a 2 on 1, both were lecturers on the course. They had my PS with lots of scribbles and most of the questions came from that. They focused more on what I got out of the shadowing/work experiences and things like that rather than my knowldge of the body. There were some personal questions like how do you relax and how do you think you will cope with the workload at uni and why cardiff. They also asked me about the recent NHS reforms and the mid-staffordshire report, so brush up on current NHS media coverage!
The website says 15-20mins but I was in for about 30minutes :s-smilie:

Good luck! Hope that helps.

Oh wow did you get asked on Nhs reforms?! I didn't haha! Mine was quite nice actually with no hard questions like that! I guess it depends on who interviews you? Did you write anything about that in your personal statement for them to ask you on it..?
Thanks
Original post by CiaranMcCarthy
I've done a week in cardio-respiratory care and some occasional neuromusculoskeletal shadowing with an extended scope practitioner (but this was after my application went off but i talked about how i'd organised it)
I've also done voluntary work in a care home and at a special needs club.
so ive not got much experience at all, I focused my application quite heavily around physio though so i thought that might make up for it :/

No that is really good and will be enough for all other unis! I did disabled club and elderly residential home too and despite it my directly physio it's where a physio would work, I heard Liverpool just get so many they just reject a handful at random.. this probably isn't true but then again if they get sooo many that are all identical?:s
Reply 591
Does anyone know how long roughly it takes for them to reply back? I've been waiting about 3 weeks and some of my friends have already got an offer (for something different) but I'm constantly checking my emails and track waiting for a reply from them :-(
Original post by equi-book-mad
I had an interview at Nottingham last Wednesday, they said they'd reply in a week.....but nothing from Birmingham there my favourites too
what was the Nottingham interview like? I haven't heard from them at all but I got an interview from Birmingham.. But I applied end of September! Birmingham are giving immediate offers from iterview to the best an rejecting not so good and then holding on to all the inbetweens so I'm a maybe and I really like bham:frown: it was my first interview though so I was all nervous an bad!:frown:
Original post by clohudx
Does anyone know how long roughly it takes for them to reply back? I've been waiting about 3 weeks and some of my friends have already got an offer (for something different) but I'm constantly checking my emails and track waiting for a reply from them :-(

My application went over a month ago and I've heard nothing. There's hundreds more applicants for physio than some other subjects which is why it takes so much longer to reply
Reply 594
Original post by clohudx

Could be until march, just try and forget about it for a while!
Reply 595
Original post by Ellenafarrow14
My application went over a month ago and I've heard nothing. There's hundreds more applicants for physio than some other subjects which is why it takes so much longer to reply

Ah okay, thanks!
Just going with people saying they've had interviews on here and stuff.. Haha
Original post by sarah_brown95
No that is really good and will be enough for all other unis! I did disabled club and elderly residential home too and despite it my directly physio it's where a physio would work, I heard Liverpool just get so many they just reject a handful at random.. this probably isn't true but then again if they get sooo many that are all identical?:s

I wouldn't say they reject at random but they seem to be very stern and unforgiving, if your application doesn't tick one of their boxes then it's out the window unfortunately, regardless of how good you are
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by DepressedDarwin
I wouldn't say they reject at random but they seem to be very stern and unforgiving, if your application doesn't tick one of their boxes then it's out the window unfortunately, regardless of how good you are

There are definitely a couple of unis (I think Liverpool might be one) that do random selection.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lozzvipond
There are definitely a couple of unis (I think Liverpool might be one) that do random selection.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I stand corrected, not to sound rude but how are you so sure? Genuinely interested I've never heard about this before, seems ridiculously bad practise
Original post by DepressedDarwin
Well I stand corrected, not to sound rude but how are you so sure? Genuinely interested I've never heard about this before, seems ridiculously bad practise

I know, I think it's awful as well. York St John in particular randomly select their interviewees from everyone who meets the minimum requirements, and it says this on their website. I've also seen people talking about getting rejected due to random selection on last year's thread. There are articles and stuff about it online as well, albeit nothing particularly recent that I've seen. Mind you, lots of unis are changing their selection process this year, e.g. Cardiff starting to interview, because of the Mid Staffs report, so it's probably less common than in previous years.

P.S: I think I've got Liverpool confused with Leeds Met
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending