The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy Clearing 2023

Hi, I am considering applying to study Physiotherapy through clearing for September 2023. At present, I don’t have a UCAS account as I haven’t applied for anywhere. Where do you look to see which Universities have clearing places for specific courses? Also, do Physiotherapy courses offer places through clearing? I have a Law degree but didn’t study a science related Alevel so I don’t know if I’d be considered. I am also looking for a place somewhere around the Manchester area. Any help is appreciated!
Reply 1
i applied physiotherapy through ucas at the end of april, i can tell you that physiotherapy course for mmu, coventry, uwe, hertfordshire, bournemouth, leeds beckett, oxford brookes, birmingham are full. Univesities do offer places through clearing, for 2022, Coventry and bedfordshire still have places. Wish you all the best.
Original post by Sophia_479
Hi, I am considering applying to study Physiotherapy through clearing for September 2023. At present, I don’t have a UCAS account as I haven’t applied for anywhere. Where do you look to see which Universities have clearing places for specific courses? Also, do Physiotherapy courses offer places through clearing? I have a Law degree but didn’t study a science related Alevel so I don’t know if I’d be considered. I am also looking for a place somewhere around the Manchester area. Any help is appreciated!

P
Reply 2
Original post by Sophia_479

I applied for physio and have a place for September 2023 depending on my grades though I applied early November I do know current recently qualified/student physios that successfully got into physiotherapy through clearing. You may need to be careful with the fact you have no relevant experience and in clearing you’ll be competing with those who have the experience/a levels necessary for the course. That doesn’t mean you can’t do it though as at least you have a degree behind you showing your dedication.
Due to the course being very competitive and oversubscribed there are limited unis that offer places in clearing so for the best chance to get in you may have to go wider than the Manchester area. However, if you are not successful in clearing you could always do an access to health sciences course or maybe apply for unis in your area next application season with foundation course and contact unis to see if your degree would allow entry into the course as it shows your dedication to learning and that you would be an asset.
Good luck with clearing and don’t give up if it’s something you're interested in it’s such a rewarding profession and I can’t wait to start
I too have applied for physiotherapy in clearing having had little interest in moving to the UK (irish student) but the UK is all I have now. Clearing is very frustrating as you’re clinging onto hope, hoping that there will be available places in a good university so late in the year now. You will have to call the majority of universities if not then email but you need to stand out slightly (have some experience or background) to be considered, due to how popular and specific the course is. I am really hoping I get a chance as a mature student I don’t have time to waiting another year lol. However, don’t let clearing put you off, the waiting game is daunting but it’s better than nothing. I hope you’re still interested in physiotherapy it’s definitely an active course worth perusing. Good luck!!
Reply 4
Can anyone let me know if they got into Physio through clearing this year? I have a deferred offer for next year but not sure if the uni is right for me. If anyone can let me know where they got into to and what grades you got it would be appreciated as I am in a dilemma if to apply again or wait for clearing next summer. TIA

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending