The Student Room Group

Triumph of Elizabeth AQA A2 HIS3B JUNE 3rd 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
What areas of the course are people predicting to come up?
I'd rather it was foreign policy and the little tudors personally!
Reply 21
Original post by Mozza6

im not really
prepared for this exam but i think protestant/ elizabeths last years might come up
There's bound to be one question on the little Tudor monarchs - my teacher predicts something to do with religion..

Other than that, I'm praying for a question on the puritans!
Reply 23
Original post by Shakespearian
There's bound to be one question on the little Tudor monarchs - my teacher predicts something to do with religion..

Other than that, I'm praying for a question on the puritans!

Hey please can you e-mail me some of your essays? I would pm you my e-mail
I am so unprepared for this exam ~ destined to fail.
Reply 25
Original post by Mozza6

Ed and Mary come up on every papaper.

I reckon something about Puritans will come up and maybe something on the final years
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by dlabz
Hey please can you e-mail me some of your essays? I would pm you my e-mail

Yeah sure I'd be happy to :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Original post by tragicwords
I am so unprepared for this exam ~ destined to fail.

Don't say that think positive, if your feeling too down there are some really good people here like cameron and shakespearian , ask them questions . If your too shy you can just read predictions people are making and use this attachment i got it from past threads , use it for historiography. i dont know much my self so i cant help you but i believe all hope is not lost stay strong sister
I've got the knowledge sorted and the depth, its just a timing issue for me, i manged 7 sides of a4 for my mock but i feel like that might not be enough, how much does everyone else write in the time? i know its quality not quantity, but if you've written too little then that'd surely hurt your marks?
Reply 29
Original post by salton2012
I've got the knowledge sorted and the depth, its just a timing issue for me, i manged 7 sides of a4 for my mock but i feel like that might not be enough, how much does everyone else write in the time? i know its quality not quantity, but if you've written too little then that'd surely hurt your marks?

I usually write about 7 pages too I think that sounds about right!
Reply 30
Does anyone know anything about the archpriest controversy/catholic divisions late in the reign? I only just spotted it in the list my teacher gave me and I can't get my head around it! Does anyone know how it actually affected the queen or if it was purely just arguments between the priests?! So confused! Now that it's getting nearer I'm finding more and more things I don't know... :frown:
Original post by salton2012

I read an essay by someone who had been given 45/45 by an examiner and they had only written 2 sides, so just over 3 for each definitely wouldn't hurt! :smile:
How likely is it that there will be yet another question on foreign policy? I really hope that the Puritan challenge and Elizabeth's last years comes up!
Original post by Bryony03
Does anyone know anything about the archpriest controversy/catholic divisions late in the reign? I only just spotted it in the list my teacher gave me and I can't get my head around it! Does anyone know how it actually affected the queen or if it was purely just arguments between the priests?! So confused! Now that it's getting nearer I'm finding more and more things I don't know... :frown:

All you should have to do really is use it as a piece of evidence and say that this was yet another factor in weaknening the Catholic movemet in church so that Elizabeth could easily reduce the threat. Don't need to know too much detail about it, just the name and date :smile:
Original post by dlabz
Don't say that think positive, if your feeling too down there are some really good people here like cameron and shakespearian , ask them questions . If your too shy you can just read predictions people are making and use this attachment i got it from past threads , use it for historiography. i dont know much my self so i cant help you but i believe all hope is not lost stay strong sister

Aww thank you so much, trying my hardest to stay strong here but I just feel like I'm sinking a little at the moment as I feel like there's so much to do but I don't know how to take it all in.
But on my previous note of sinking, I would really appreciate if anyone could help me feel a little more confident for this exam. My teacher this year has been absolutely hopeless (no different from last year really, but this year I'm feeling the pressure more obviously).

I do not understand at all this whole 'synoptic approach', or how to write in this way. I don't even understand how I managed to do it for my coursework, so I would be eternally grateful for anyone to explain this to me and help me on structuring my essay because I panic too much in exams and tend to leave my essays unfinished before the time is up. So could anyone give me any tips for time management as well? How many points do you make in an essay? etc.
Hey, does anyone have any essays on the puritan threat to Elizabeth and religion under Edward and Mary that they'd be willing to send me? I have 2 essays on Elizabeth's final years and 1 on foreign policy, which all got A's so I'd be happy to send them to you in return :smile:
Original post by tragicwords
But on my previous note of sinking, I would really appreciate if anyone could help me feel a little more confident for this exam. My teacher this year has been absolutely hopeless (no different from last year really, but this year I'm feeling the pressure more obviously).

I do not understand at all this whole 'synoptic approach', or how to write in this way. I don't even understand how I managed to do it for my coursework, so I would be eternally grateful for anyone to explain this to me and help me on structuring my essay because I panic too much in exams and tend to leave my essays unfinished before the time is up. So could anyone give me any tips for time management as well? How many points do you make in an essay? etc.

My teacher told us that she too was unclear as to what this phrase meant because it's meaning varies across quite a few subjects. I believe she said you should highlight any changes over time, it should be a relatively balanced argument and the points should follow on from one another in a logical manner.

If you're struggling for time, ensure that you leave yourself around 2 minutes planning time so you can quickly refer back to your plan if you have a mental block. But don't spend too much time on this of course. Try and cut out any waffle and avoid too much description.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Original post by Shakespearian
All you should have to do really is use it as a piece of evidence and say that this was yet another factor in weaknening the Catholic movemet in church so that Elizabeth could easily reduce the threat. Don't need to know too much detail about it, just the name and date :smile:

Ok thanks very much :smile: so it benefited Elizabeth? :smile:
Original post by Greyhoodie
My teacher told us that she too was unclear as to what this phrase meant because it's meaning varies across quite a few subjects. I believe she said you should highlight any changes over time, it should be a relatively balanced argument and the points should follow on from one another in a logical manner.

If you're struggling for time, ensure that you leave yourself around 2 minutes planning time so you can quickly refer back to your plan if you have a mental block. But don't spend too much time on this of course. Try and cut out any waffle and avoid too much description.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly, I've heard it in my English subjects and they just want 'themes' that's all I keep hearing but if it just means change and continuity in History then I'll bear that in mind. I suppose I could just compare the later years of the reign back to the early years.

But thank you, I will bear that in mind just in case I do run out of time so the examiner has an idea of where my essay is going if I do have to leave it unfinished, and then if I have a mental block. It's so tempting to just jump straight into the essay though seeing as we have such little time as it is. I'm just such a slow writer, I've never had the problem of waffling, since I don't have time to waffle haha and I've had to make my writing more precise to help me finish haha! :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending