The Student Room Group

Who has an unusual phobia?

I was wondering if anyone had any strange, unusual phobias.

I don't really have any strange ones, about I do hate pretty much every insect in existence. I have to run a mile every time I see a bee. :colondollar:

I know someone who has a phobia of staplers (I kid you not). The irony about this is that she works at a stationary shop. Haha the lengths that people will go to for money.

Scroll to see replies

I have a phobia of phobias... aaaahhh!
Balloons. :K:
(edited 9 years ago)
Clowns. But I think that is pretty common.

Also not really a phobia, but I dislike dirt. I wash my hands way too many times a day. Wash my food too much, if it's washable. I touch the bin with my foot while wearing a shoe, and if I have to touch it with my hands I have to wash them loads. I have to wash my hands after touching the TV remote etc. If my towel falls on the floor I have to get a clean one. Not really a good thing to have seeing as I work in a hospital, the amount of gloves, hand gel and soap I get through in a day is ridiculous. It's mostly food related dirt though, it gets really bad sometimes :/ Most people find it rather hilarious though.
Reply 5
I'm scared that if I close my eyes, I'll get trapped in the darkness.

I'm not sure if that's a phobia though.
Reply 6
I used to have a mild phobia of trying new foods when I was a kid. I ate pretty much only bananas for the first 10 years of my life. I'm over it now though :smile:
It's not a phobia but more of a weird ocd thing, but magpies freak me out. It's all because of the rhyme one for sorrow etc. I have to do silly hand gestures or make sure someone else sees it so I don't freak.

I'm not crazy.:mmm:
Reply 8
I'm **** scared of slugs and snails. I don't mind any other creepy crawly.
Reply 9
I have social phobia
Reply 10
I have a fantastic fear of nearly everything
Original post by DeceitfulDove
Balloons. :K:

I have this! They are loaded with the potential to give me a small fright, and it makes me tense as ****.

Also, insects, arachnids, the dark, the sea (and almost everything that lives therein), space, objects with irregular patterns of holes, really tall or imposing structures, flying and heights.
I have Trypophobia - the intense dislike of small clusters of holes! I can't look at anything like honeycombs, lotus seed pods, pores.... I find them disgusting and the lotus pods make me feel physically sick if I have to look at them :/
Thanatophobia - the fear of death
Supermarkets.

I hate the bright lights, the fact once you start shopping you can't leave until you have paid for everything, queues and generally I just feel trapped in them. I'm ok in other shops though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Islamophobia. I don't think phobia is the right way to describe it, but it scares me.
Demophobia- fear of crowds. I just hateeee crowd.
I have a phobia where I hate and am really scared of people who question alot.
I also have all the phobias related to insects.
insects are disgusting.
I have a phobia of cats.
I have phobia of people who speak bull****.
Reply 17
Mottephobia. A fear of moths.
I have no fear :sad:
Fear of dead mice and dead birds.

Quick Reply

Latest