The Student Room Group

Oxford gang found guilty of grooming and sexually exploiting girls

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
This is absolutely disgusting.

What I'm wondering is when the boot boys from the UAF and other hate groups turn up in support of the Oxford paedophiles outside court, just as they did in the Rochdale case. Keep burying your heads in the sand lads.

May God bless these poor girls. And I hope this scum rot in hell.
Reply 81
As soon as I saw the title I thought they may have Pakistani origins. Is it acceptable behaviour over there or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
These prison wings must be so full of pakistani men it's like a social club on the inside for them.
Wow what a surprise, they're Pakistani Muslim and were abusing white girls, I'm so shocked :/

At the risk of sounding like a conspiracy theorist, I would bet that the reason these paedophiles got away with abusing the girls for so long, even after complaints to the police, is because the police are worried about disrupting relations with the Muslim community or whatever they call it and are scared to investigate Muslims like these.
Death Penalty.
Reply 85
BNP's been reporting these since the 90's only in the last few years the rest were forced to take notice.
Reply 86
Question for a few members in this thread - if this is typical behaviour of 'many Asian cultures', to paraphrase what someone has already said in this thread, is Jimmy Savile, Dave Lee Travis, Rolf Harris, William Roache, Gary Glitter, Jim Davidson, Freddie Starr, Max Clifford, Stuart Hall and Jimmy Tarbuck typical behaviour of elderly white Christian men?
Reply 87
Original post by Steevee
No True Scotsmen abounds.

The majority of people from their ethnic origins are Muslim, along with the fact that their names imply it. It may be a bit of a generalisation, but it's a pretty sound conclusion to draw, add to that of course, those of similar ethnic origin and apparent religion accused of similar crimes have turned out to be Muslim. I'll agree that cultural issues are probably more to blame than Islam, but I reject that Islam has no hand it. So no, I'll not ignore these factors to appease your liberal PC sensibilities.

Last time I checked Islam wasn't listed as ethnicity. Of course they are descendants of families with Islamic faith, its obvious given by their names. But we should refrain ourselves from calling them Muslims, unless they choose to identify themselves as such. It is the same as not to assume some one is a christian just because his name is James. I think more investigations need to be done before or if they can be generalized as Muslims.

I wouldn't say the same if this was a case of terrorism for example, in light of the astonishing evidence of the link between Islam and Terrorism. There isn't shortage of videos of people chanting Islamic phrases as they commit atrocities. But this is a case where we don't know yet, so to quickly label them Muslims when Islam is not ethnicity shows prejudice not a sound way of analyzing a serious issue.
Original post by de_monies
Reading through that, it's pretty obvious that's satirical ie: he ends it with "How can I be racist. I have white friends" which is the line that racists tend to use.

If you actually believe the article to be satirical then can I respectfully suggest that you remove your head from your arse and read some of the other work by this journalist.

He writes on a fairly regular basis about institutional racism, whether it be the media, education or the police. I think he'd be dreadfully disappointed that someone inexplicably interpreted his work as a piece of satire.
Original post by Meron
Last time I checked Islam wasn't listed as ethnicity. Of course they are descendants of families with Islamic faith, its obvious given by their names. But we should refrain ourselves from calling them Muslims, unless they choose to identify themselves as such. It is the same as not to assume some one is a christian just because his name is James. I think more investigations need to be done before or if they can be generalized as Muslims

You're right of course but given that Islam is strongly associated with certain ethnicities, you can understand why people do it.

I wonder how many people, living in the Uk, who identify themselves as Christians are of Pakistani heritage. Not many I bet.
Reply 90
When these people are taking examples from there prophet, who had sex with a child, then im really not surprised that they think its ok to do it
Reply 91
Original post by jerem
When these people are taking examples from there prophet, who had sex with a child, then im really not surprised that they think its ok to do it

If it was a group of Christian believers who had been found guilty of child abuse (which yes, has happened), would you blame God?
Reply 92
Original post by Meron
Last time I checked Islam wasn't listed as ethnicity. Of course they are descendants of families with Islamic faith, its obvious given by their names. But we should refrain ourselves from calling them Muslims, unless they choose to identify themselves as such. It is the same as not to assume some one is a christian just because his name is James. I think more investigations need to be done before or if they can be generalized as Muslims.

I wouldn't say the same if this was a case of terrorism for example, in light of the astonishing evidence of the link between Islam and Terrorism. There isn't shortage of videos of people chanting Islamic phrases as they commit atrocities. But this is a case where we don't know yet, so to quickly label them Muslims when Islam is not ethnicity shows prejudice not a sound way of analyzing a serious issue.

Did I ever state that 'Muslim' was an ethnicity? I meant East Asian and North/West African. I'd say it's safe to assume they identify as Muslim until evidence points the other way, as the majority of people with such names, from such places are. Just as if someone called James were to commit such acts I'd assume they are a moderate Christian/irreligious, assuming it happened in the UK.
Reply 93
Original post by thombo1
Question for a few members in this thread - if this is typical behaviour of 'many Asian cultures', to paraphrase what someone has already said in this thread, is Jimmy Savile, Dave Lee Travis, Rolf Harris, William Roache, Gary Glitter, Jim Davidson, Freddie Starr, Max Clifford, Stuart Hall and Jimmy Tarbuck typical behaviour of elderly white Christian men?

This is merely sidestepping the point. As I said before, it is negligent to avoid discussing if there are cultural causes for the sake of political correctness. By all means, investigate the incidences of these old white Christian men (although I'd suspect that has something to do with their position in society), but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be asking ourselves why these Pakistanis or those of middle eastern origin are commiting these disgusting acts.

Ultimately, we all want to prevent this from happening again. And that's not going to happen if we don't discover the under-lying issues first.
This act is disgusting and the men who did it should be punished greatly but this has got nothing to do with religion.
Reply 95
Original post by Xotol
This is merely sidestepping the point. As I said before, it is negligent to avoid discussing if there are cultural causes for the sake of political correctness. By all means, investigate the incidences of these old white Christian men (although I'd suspect that has something to do with their position in society), but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be asking ourselves why these Pakistanis or those of middle eastern origin are commiting these disgusting acts.

Ultimately, we all want to prevent this from happening again. And that's not going to happen if we don't discover the under-lying issues first.

Of course, I fully agree. But it becomes dangerous when people take such delicate issues and paint all of Islam as being a degenerate, child-abusing religion. There's many Muslims who realise that Islam should not be followed to the letter if it flouts 21st century British law, just like many Christians realise the same about their religion.

I'm not religious in the slightest, but some of the replies in this thread make me feel uncomfortable. It's good that people are intelligently discussing the underlying, root cause of child abuses, but there's quite a few posts which are nothing more than outright racism under the guise of moral outrage.

All I'm asking is that when men like Ariel Castro, who was behind the abuse of those women in Cleveland last week, or Josef Fritzl, was charged, there was very little discussion of why...it was just assumed they were abnormal and perverted. But when Muslim men are found guilty of such crimes, the entire religion is often put under suspicion.

All I'm saying in this thread is to urge caution. I don't want to be overly-politically correct, but it can be deceptively easy to fall into the trap of blaming an entire culture for the actions of a minority. Most posters here have replied with intelligent, thoughtful responses so far, I'm only pointing out several members here.
White gangs get no where near as much attention as Asian gangs by the media.
Original post by Thriftworks
Vile. of course bad people come in all shapes, colours and sizes.

However the fact the all the convicted were of pakistani origin, that all the victims were white and that all the 'customers' of these gangs were muslim . Is deeply disturbing as it alludes to ugly cultural and ethnic divisions being exposed within our society. We are no longer culturally cohesive, enjoy the results.

Funny how you make nothing of it when there's white rapists caught (which is everyday), there's only a few hundred asians who have ever been caught for such crimes out of millions of asians. White gangs get no where near as much media attention.
Reply 98
Original post by Steevee
Did I ever state that 'Muslim' was an ethnicity? I meant East Asian and North/West African. I'd say it's safe to assume they identify as Muslim until evidence points the other way, as the majority of people with such names, from such places are. Just as if someone called James were to commit such acts I'd assume they are a moderate Christian/irreligious, assuming it happened in the UK.

Pardon me I misunderstood the part about ethnicity. All I am saying is lets not label them Muslims yet. It is safe to assume and by all means investigate based on the assumption, if there is any link. But for now I would only label them savages.
Reply 99
Original post by Meron
Pardon me I misunderstood the part about ethnicity. All I am saying is lets not label them Muslims yet. It is safe to assume and by all means investigate based on the assumption, if there is any link. But for now I would only label them savages.

Well I disagree, I'll label them as most probably Muslim until there's any reason to suspect otherwise.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending