The Student Room Group

Should I tell a woman her husband is cheating on her?

I don’t know this woman. I’ve seen her once or twice but never spoke. Her husband is my ex manager where I used to work. I know for a fact he’s having an affair with a girl who works at my old place of work (my former bestfriend) I don’t know what to do? I just think he’s a-bit strange and he’s grooming my ex friend. He’s nearly 40 she’s 21. He also has a 2 year old baby with his wife.

I’ve found her on facebook I don’t know if I should tell her as if it was me in that situation I’d want to know but at the same time I don’t want to be a home wrecker.

(Note I’m not just wanting to tell her because I’ve fell out with my friend I’ve been telling her for months that it’s not okay for her to be doing this but we fell out due to an unrelated issue)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous #1
I don’t know this woman. I’ve seen her once or twice but never spoke. Her husband is my ex manager where I used to work. I know for a fact he’s having an affair with a girl who works at my old place of work (my former bestfriend) I don’t know what to do? I just think he’s a-bit strange and he’s grooming my ex friend. He’s nearly 40 she’s 21. He also has a 2 year old baby with his wife.

I’ve found her on facebook I don’t know if I should tell her as if it was me in that situation I’d want to know but at the same time I don’t want to be a home wrecker.

(Note I’m not just wanting to tell her because I’ve fell out with my friend I’ve been telling her for months that it’s not okay for her to be doing this but we fell out due to an unrelated issue)

"Grooming"??? She's 21!!!
Original post by ageshallnot

And he’s her manager at work
It's not your business. Best to stay out of it. They won't be able to hide it forever. Plus, your friendship will never recover if you get yourself involved.
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by Anonymous #2
And he’s her manager at work

So?
Reply 5
Original post by 1582
It's not your business. Best to stay out of it. They won't be able to hide it forever. Plus, your friendship will never recover if you get yourself involved.

It will never recover anyway she was not the person I thought she was
tell her - it wouldnt be you wrecking her home, he's already done that by making those choices. If it comes out later, if i were her I would be even more upset as it would mean that I would have been living a lie for longer. She needs to be able to know to make her descisions about her homelife going forward. And personally if i found out someone knew about an affair my partner was having but they didnt tell me id feel kinda betrayed, even if i didnt really know them, and that they were kinda complicit in keeping up this charade that allowed my partner to continue cheating, unnoticed.
So?

So he’s at best a creep abusing his power over his staff
Reply 8
Original post by someonedontask
tell her - it wouldnt be you wrecking her home, he's already done that by making those choices. If it comes out later, if i were her I would be even more upset as it would mean that I would have been living a lie for longer. She needs to be able to know to make her descisions about her homelife going forward. And personally if i found out someone knew about an affair my partner was having but they didnt tell me id feel kinda betrayed, even if i didnt really know them, and that they were kinda complicit in keeping up this charade that allowed my partner to continue cheating, unnoticed.

Yeah true I know all his and my ex mates fault but it still doesn’t mean she’s not going to be upset. It’s his 2 yo son I feel bad for as well. You’re right though. I think I’m going to wait till at least after Christmas to tell her. Do you think I should wait till new years out the way or do you think she’d like to know before then? Part of me wants to tell her before so she doesn’t start the year living a lie but the other part of me doesn’t want to ruin her Christmas
So he’s at best a creep abusing his power over his staff

Quite possibly.
Reply 10
Personally, I wouldn't. I wouldn't get involved in drama and other people's lives.
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah true I know all his and my ex mates fault but it still doesn’t mean she’s not going to be upset. It’s his 2 yo son I feel bad for as well. You’re right though. I think I’m going to wait till at least after Christmas to tell her. Do you think I should wait till new years out the way or do you think she’d like to know before then? Part of me wants to tell her before so she doesn’t start the year living a lie but the other part of me doesn’t want to ruin her Christmas

Are you going to tell his boss/hr that he’s sleeping with his staff too?
Reply 12
Are you going to tell his boss/hr that he’s sleeping with his staff too?

It's hardly unusual for relationships to occur in the workplace.
Original post by AF2Dr
It's hardly unusual for relationships to occur in the workplace.

Which is why most employers have rules about not managing staff that you’re sleeping with

It is a tough decision. Let us all know what happens.

Do you have any evidence? She may not believe you if you don't have any. But yes i would tell her

To hell with these types of people. Yes, tell her, but do it anonymously. Keep your name out of it. I've seen people get ultra-vindictive about things like this. If you want to be smart and ultra-covert about it, don't even tell her anonymously. Drop a hint of some sort instead to arouse her suspicions, and then let her do her own digging to find out the truth.

Both your friend and him sound contemptable.

It is technically not 'grooming', but realistically not far off from it either.

I've read of women describe how they felt they were 'groomed' by older men when they turned 18/19, who take advantage of their seniority and experience to manipulate women far younger than themselves. It may not be a criminal act, but it is still wrong.
Reply 18
Original post by NonIndigenous
It is technically not 'grooming', but realistically not far off from it either.

I've read of women describe how they felt they were 'groomed' by older men when they turned 18/19, who take advantage of their seniority and experience to manipulate women far younger than themselves. It may not be a criminal act, but it is still wrong.

I wouldn't say that's wrong, as long as they're all consenting adults.
Original post by AF2Dr
I wouldn't say that's wrong, as long as they're all consenting adults.

You get that you’re telling on yourself saying it’s not wrong for older people to manipulate younger people into a relationship?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending