The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

podiatry at plymouth 2013

anyone going to plymouth in sept to study podiatry?? :smile:

i'm a foot care assistant and going on to get my degree. i'm 23 now and will be almost 24 by the time i start.

anyone else?
Reply 1
Hey, I will also be attending the podiatry course in September. I have no experience with feet at all apart from my own feet :-). I'm 28 and very nervous but also very excited about starting this course. Michelle
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Reply 2
hi michelle! did you attend any open or applicant days for Plymouth? have you got your accommodation all sorted yet? xkat
Reply 3
Hiya sorry for the late response. I have private accomodation sorted out already, what about yourself? I haven't attended any open days so far but I have booked in for the one on the 26th June so that I can get a feel for it. Have you sent all your documents off to nhs bursary?
Reply 4
hey, I also have some private accommodation sorted with studentrooms4plymouth, everything else is sorted too including nhs bursary so I'm ready to go now! how did you get on with the open day? if you fancy chatting on facebook sometime my name is kat lilley and my photo is the same as my profile pic on here xx
Reply 5
Hey I've added you to Facebook now. Have you received an invited from the university to go to a 3 day uni experience day in July?
Reply 6
Hey guys, yeah I'll be on the course this year realise its a late reply to the thread but would be nice to see a friendly face on the first day. I'll be a mature student retraining from engineering, so complete change of pace for me. Joe

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Excellent :-) so far I've only heard of 5 of us on the course, apparently there should be 32 of us. Have you looked at your timetables yet for the term? I can't believe that it's only a few weeks away now!
Reply 8
No not yet, as I'm still waiting for my criminal disclosure to come back. If you could pm me the link that would be amazing, would love to have an idea of the hours. Does it look pretty full on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
hi joe! you should be able to enrol online now then you can get all your timetables. where are you going to be living? xkat
Reply 10
Hey kat, I'm going to be travelling everyday from Teignmouth bit of a trek I know but it should be worth it. 😃 Will you be in halls or private housing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
wow teignmouth- nice! we had a really nice holiday in shaldon earlier this year- it's very pretty there. i'm living in private student accommodation and have a little studio flat booked which will hopefully be really nice. so are you excited about starting?! I was until a few days ago- now it's getting close I'm feeling nervous! have you had any 'feet experience'?
Reply 12
It's nice over there, I've certainly lived in worse places like Salford lol. Yeah I'm excited about the course, a bit nervous about going from a good job to being a student though I'm sure I'll get over it. No my main "feet experience" that sounds terrible btw, is just in going to the podiatrist for insoles to play rugby in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
I'm doing podiatry too. To get to know each other a little better, we should post pictures of our feet... any takers? :smile:
Reply 14
Are you all on Facebook? I hardly ever check this site but would love to get to know you all a bit better before the 16th of Sept! I can't believe that it's only a few weeks away now!!! X
Reply 15
Original post by Meeshi
Are you all on Facebook? I hardly ever check this site but would love to get to know you all a bit better before the 16th of Sept! I can't believe that it's only a few weeks away now!!! X

I am studying podiatry too. Is there a Facebook page to join? I am a mature student, retraining, no podiatry experience, will be travelling in from Kingsbridge everyday as have a family. Would like to get to know some of my classmates before the 16th :redface:
Reply 16
Hey, I will be going to plym uni to study podiatry 2013:smile: I am 20 years old and a care assistant, my mum is a podiatrist and got me into it! Super nervous though x
Reply 17
Original post by Sozzy26
I am studying podiatry too. Is there a Facebook page to join? I am a mature student, retraining, no podiatry experience, will be travelling in from Kingsbridge everyday as have a family. Would like to get to know some of my classmates before the 16th :redface:

hi! yes there is a facebook page to join- if you search podiatry Plymouth you will find it :smile: xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending