The Student Room Group

Allied health courses

Hello

I wanted to ask a specific question about student finance .

Last year I enrolled for MA programme , received my first student loan installment but I had to leave midway as it was not for me

This year I would like to apply for Podiatry bsc as a second degree , will this affect my eligibility for student finance ?

Thanks
Original post by takitaki12
Hello

I wanted to ask a specific question about student finance .

Last year I enrolled for MA programme , received my first student loan installment but I had to leave midway as it was not for me

This year I would like to apply for Podiatry bsc as a second degree , will this affect my eligibility for student finance ?

Thanks

Hi there,

Podiatry is one of our exception courses which means you can apply for finance for this as a second degree as long as you're not already registered in this field.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Hello thank-you for the reply.

I forgot to mention in my previous post that I am currently paying back some of the postgraduate loan and will be paying back until next summer as per my payment plan.

Isit still possible to apply for student finance for Podiatry this year whilst paying back postgraduate loan? Also if I am eligible would student finance deduct the remaining amount on my postgraduate loan from the maintaince loan I get for Podiatry in future .

Regards
Hello thank-you for the reply.

I forgot to mention in my previous post that I am currently paying back some of the postgraduate loan and will be paying back until next summer as per my payment plan.

Isit still possible to apply for student finance for Podiatry this year whilst paying back postgraduate loan? Also if I am eligible would student finance deduct the remaining amount on my postgraduate loan from the maintaince loan I get for Podiatry in future .

Regards

Podiatry is classed as one of our Allied Health Professional Courses which is funded under our undergraduate finance. You can still receive this while repaying your loan. We won't deduct postgraduate funding off undergraduate finance.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 4
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,
Podiatry is one of our exception courses which means you can apply for finance for this as a second degree as long as you're not already registered in this field.
Thanks,
Claire

Hello

I wanted to ask that am I eligible for allied health profession degree (podiatry) funding as an exception if I already hold a bsc degree and a pgce with qts.

Regards
Hello
I wanted to ask that am I eligible for allied health profession degree (podiatry) funding as an exception if I already hold a bsc degree and a pgce with qts.
Regards
Hi there. Yes, as this is an exception course you would be eligible regardless of previous study or qualifications held. Thanks, David

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending