The Student Room Group

Podiatry applicants of 2021

:badger::badger::badger::badger:Hi! :badger::badger::badger::badger:

:rave:!Welcome to Podiatry candidates of 2021!:rave:

:ciao::ciao: introduce yourself by ::ciao::ciao:

*which A-levels do you do?

*What are your UCAS or predicted grades?

*which universities are you applying to?

* feel free to give updates as you apply and get news!

:borat:you might meet your future classmate here!:borat:

:party:enjoy!:party:
:party::party2::party:
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
(edited 3 years ago)
Hi Podiatry first year student here! If you need any help, DM me. :smile:
Reply 3
I applied to Podiatry courses yesterday and hopefully, I will get replies soon.
Reply 4
thank you! where else did you apply? or did you just apply to 1 uni?
I applied to GCU / queen Margaret, Brighton, Plymouth and Northampton.
Reply 5
Hello.I have applied for Cardiff met 2021. I have an interview on the 4th December. Very nervous. I am a mature student. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
Reply 6
Congratulations:smile: xx
Reply 7
I got an interview on the 16th of December for Plymouth. fingers crossed.
Reply 8
Original post by S.dsh12

Awww fabulous. Good luck 🤞
Reply 9
Original post by Elvispod
Awww fabulous. Good luck 🤞

thank you and good luck too!
Hi,Got my BTECs D*MM and I’m currently studying health and social careI’ve applied for queen Margaret, Southampton, Brighton,Glasgow Caledonian and Huddersfield.I’ve done two out of three of my interviews so hopefully I get it :smile:)
Reply 11
Original post by No eyebrows
Hi,Got my BTECs D*MM and I’m currently studying health and social careI’ve applied for queen Margaret, Southampton, Brighton,Glasgow Caledonian and Huddersfield.I’ve done two out of three of my interviews so hopefully I get it :smile:)

Omg we applied to similar unis . I applied to Brighton, Glasgow caledonian, Queen Margaret, Northampton and Plymouth.
Original post by S.dsh12
Omg we applied to similar unis . I applied to Brighton, Glasgow caledonian, Queen Margaret, Northampton and Plymouth.

Yay!!! My top two is queen Margaret and Southampton. So hopefully we’ll get to meet if not good luck anyway and I hope you get into your dream uni :-)
Original post by S.dsh12
:badger::badger::badger::badger:Hi! :badger::badger::badger::badger:

:rave:!Welcome to Podiatry candidates of 2021!:rave:

:ciao::ciao: introduce yourself by ::ciao::ciao:

*which A-levels do you do?

*What are your UCAS or predicted grades?

*which universities are you applying to?

* feel free to give updates as you apply and get news!

:borat:you might meet your future classmate here!:borat:

:party:enjoy!:party:
:party::party2::party:

Hiya, these are just the common question I’ve been asked in my interviews; thought I’d share :smile:
What skill do you have that will help you on the course? (check the prospectus podiatry website the skill you need are listed)
What are you interested in? (Diabetic wound care, orthotic manufacturing)
Why you want to be a podiatrist?
Why did you choose their uni? ( go on the uni’s website and see what they offer specifically)
What’s your biggest weakness?
What skill/s you can improve?
And they’ll most likely give you a few scenarios ( good to mention the nhs care value here)
I know at least one of these questions will come up so, I hope this helps someone x :smile:
Reply 14
I did my interview for the University of Brighton on 3rd December and I have luckily received a conditional offer! has anyone heard back from Glasgow Caledonian or Queen Margaret uni?
I received an an unconditional offer yesterday for Cardiff met!
I accepted!!!!! Eeeekkkk.... on my way to become a podiatrist. So excited.

I started up a Facebook group - if you see this and you are going to Cardiff in 2021 to study podiatry, come and join, we can all get to know each other before enrolment. Cardiff met podiatry 2021 (hopefuls)
Reply 16
I applied Northampton, Plymouth, Brighton, Huddersfield and Cardiff Metropolitan on 8 Dec 2020. If anyone knows how long does take to receive an interview invitation for shortlisted applicant? Thanks in advance.
Original post by kp3357
I applied Northampton, Plymouth, Brighton, Huddersfield and Cardiff Metropolitan on 8 Dec 2020. If anyone knows how long does take to receive an interview invitation for shortlisted applicant? Thanks in advance.

Hiya, with Brighton and Huddersfield I applied on the 23rd of September and got interviews on the 2nd and 3rd of December but I feel like they might give interviews in like January. Hope this helps x
Reply 18
Original post by S.dsh12

hi, just wanted to give an update. I received a conditional offer from Plymouth, very happy and excited!!!!!
my interview with Northampton is next week hopefully it will go well.:smile::smile::smile:
Reply 19
Original post by kp3357

for Plymouth, they told me at the end of my interview and then they updated it on UCAS a week later, for Brighton I found to 3 days after my interview I think. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest