The Student Room Group

Clearing

Hey guys i really need advice i feel like i did really bad in a levels (bio chem and psych), im not too worried about psych its bio and chem especially chem. Does anyone know which unis would have the lowest entry requirements for clearing, for a healthcare course too. Optometry is what i would want to do most but if there are any other good decent courses please let me know i just need low entry requirements and idm where the uni is. Please help
Original post by yaraalin
Hey guys i really need advice i feel like i did really bad in a levels (bio chem and psych), im not too worried about psych its bio and chem especially chem. Does anyone know which unis would have the lowest entry requirements for clearing, for a healthcare course too. Optometry is what i would want to do most but if there are any other good decent courses please let me know i just need low entry requirements and idm where the uni is. Please help

What sort of grades do you think you might get (best and worst case scenarios).

How flexible are you on the healthcare front? Audiology? Occupational therapy? Podiatry? Learning Disability Nursing? Those are some of the HCP courses that often have the lowest requirements.

Have you considered resitting or taking a different level 3 qualification in a gap year?

Would you consider a foundation year?
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
What sort of grades do you think you might get (best and worst case scenarios).

How flexible are you on the healthcare front? Audiology? Occupational therapy? Podiatry? Learning Disability Nursing? Those are some of the HCP courses that often have the lowest requirements.

Have you considered resitting or taking a different level 3 qualification in a gap year?

Would you consider a foundation year?

i think for psych best case A worst case B hopefully but chem and bio I feel like I got D's maybe even an E worst case scenario i genuinely feel like i did really bad. I am flexible on the healthcare front but want it to be physical healthcare not mental health, ive been thinking about optometry which i dont think I'd get into, or radiography/radiology paramedic science, audiology sounds good too to be fair or even podiatry, i just looked into what they are now. I'd rather not resit a levels were the worst 2 years of my life but if i have to i cant say no i guess. And yes i would consider a foundation year if it was for a decent course.
Reply 3
I wouldn't rush ; you could always do a HNC and HND then skip into 2nd or 3rd yr of a course you want to study; don't rush into a course just so u can get into university.

Remember you will leave with a tone of student debt and need to get a career afterwards. You want to be physical health not mentlal health ; so you would turn down the chance of Mental health Nursing for Podiatry ,Radiography. Think about this Mental health Nurses earn 40k plus a yr and can also work agency were they are paid from £400-800 a shift . Good luck even finding a job in podiatry and radiography, you would prob need to relocate.

Personal I would pick general Nursing/ disability, peds or Mental health Nursing. Occupational therapy/physiotherapy would be my next choice, you won't earn as much money as Nursing however the lifestyle would be better.

Optometry is also a good one as u can work for big private companies like specsaver ans earn a good wage with job security. Avoid podiatry; you will regret your choice within a yr and end up in someone's small private clinic cutting toe nails .
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by yaraalin

Hey @yaraalin :smile:

Just wanted to check in and see how you were feeling this morning, how did you do?

If you need any help or advice please do let us know in this thread.

Becky
Reply 5
Original post by University of Bradford
Hey @yaraalin :smile:

Just wanted to check in and see how you were feeling this morning, how did you do?

If you need any help or advice please do let us know in this thread.

Becky

Unfortunately, i did really bad. I tried calling universities for clearing but the only courses that i would be accepted into are those that I have no interest in. After some consideration I decided the best option is to retake all of my a levels and try again next year.

Quick Reply

Latest