The Student Room Group

2 Short questions about student finance?

Say I'm in the process of applying for student finance, and I'm near the deadline but still doing it. Will my money come in late or will it have no effect because I applied early?

Another question is, I think the uni I'm applying for might be late in replying before the deadline, so if I apply a week or 2 later....
Will I still get money? Thanks :smile:
(because my parents are stressing me out and said I won't be able to go uni if I miss the student finance deadline)
If you miss the deadline there's no guarantee you'll get it on time. Although that being said, often payments are late even if you DO get in before the deadline.

The best thing to do is just to get it done ASAP and try to save up if you possibly can to help you cope in the event of a late payment. Unis are usually helpful when it comes to this, and may let you delay accommodation payments if SFE are being slow.
Reply 2
Chances are payment will be delayed as student finance can take weeks or even months to process and asses everything .
Even those people who completed there application before the deadline may not receive payment on time. such as myself, I 'completed' my application (in my first year) in May and i was still having to send different things to them up until October (long story cut short they thought my step mum was a partner in the business that she worked but she wasn't) I didn't get any payment until mid January when it should have been mid September. SF can really be a struggle to deal with for some people .

You can still go to uni if you haven't got student finance.

and you can still apply for student finance now even before the uni replies to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending