The Student Room Group

WJEC GCSE German Reading and Listening Higher - 22nd May 2013

Hi guys, I've had my WJEC GCSE German Higher reading and listening papers today. Just wondering what everyone thought about them and whether anyone has a unofficial mark scheme.
I found the first half of both exams fairly straight forward but the second half of both was quite tough in places. How do you think you've done?
I think I did okay, hopefully I'm on target for an A.. The last and penultimate pages on the reading were really tough, and I agree that the second half of the listening was solid too. But I went to my teacher at the end of the day and she had done the paper herself by then, and I don't think I did awfully bad. I think the german and french this time have been so different, and much harder than past papers. I'M JUST GLAD THERE WERE NO GAP FILLS!
Original post by wassupitstillie
I think I did okay, hopefully I'm on target for an A.. The last and penultimate pages on the reading were really tough, and I agree that the second half of the listening was solid too. But I went to my teacher at the end of the day and she had done the paper herself by then, and I don't think I did awfully bad. I think the german and french this time have been so different, and much harder than past papers. I'M JUST GLAD THERE WERE NO GAP FILLS!

OMFG IKR. I did the French one too and those gap fills are probably the reason that I'll be getting a B instead of an A. :'((

Can your recall any of the answers to some questions, please? Hehe, it's just I wouldn't mind knowing how well, or not well, should I say, that I've done! Thanks :smile:
Do you think anyone can put together an unofficial markscheme?
Reply 5
I thought the listening was quite hard but the reading was much better in comparison!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _phoebe
I thought the listening was quite hard but the reading was much better in comparison!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I agree, I needed around two 33/40 to get an A* overall I think i've done around there but I have no idea. To be honest i'd be really happy with a A after the difficulty of the listening
Reply 7
I cocked up my listening because the cd kept messing up and leaving out gaps and just suddenly turning off so I don't think it was my fault:wink: I got really angry though cos of the cd. My reading however was much better but the last page was tough! Never had I guessed so much in an exam before!! :O I'm really gutted if I messed this exam up because I got full marks in both my speaking and writing and I was predicted an A* but I think I'm going to g wet a D in my listening. I'm hoping the examiner will take the messed up cd into consideration! !
Reply 8
Yeah there was one question on the listening where it sounded like it stopped half way through because I could only put down one reason, I think it was the question about the leisure centre!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9
what did you all get for the au pair question- last page?? so confusing:mad:
Did anyone finish really early?
Reply 11
I rang wjec and complained because my cd messed up so we had to guess answers
Reply 12
The reading was relatively easy, I pulled an all-nighter before the exam to memorize vocabulary and managed to get down 28.3% of the complete vocabulary list. I finished shortly after the smart kid (me in second place), so I'm quite proud of that :biggrin: I think even he was surprised since I've just been coasting through these two years. Plus, I finished pretty early for the reading.

However, with my listening, it was disastrous. I had to guess around 80%the answers. I know I definitely got one mark though, the one about the strategy game thing. An answer that I asked my friend about was one of the computer one, where the answer was something like "she can contact her sister in Australia". I didn't get that one.

I do have a question though, what did everyone else put for the very first question for the listening? It was about the girl's work experience or something. There were three pictures, but I only remember the one where it looked like she was delivering a newspaper/magazine sine that's what I answered for it.

@phoebe: Yeah, I talked with a few of the other people in my class after the exam and they said that the speaker seemed to have finished half way through a sentence by saying "aber" (but). I didn't even get the word.

Oh, and I second Dantheman358's idea of an unofficial markscheme. I'd like to see how badly I failed on the listening. I've seen that the French board already got one together some time ago.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending