The Student Room Group

GCSE Year 11 Chatroom [84 days left]

2-3 months left till GCSE exams! (most have finished 2nd mocks)
if you have any study tips that you think would benefit or any resources for everyone , you can share in this forum.
My subjects:
English lit & lang (WJEC EDUQAS)
Maths (AQA)
Science (Triple AQA)
Citizenship (OCR)
Arabic (EDEXCEL)
History (Edexcel)
^^
share your progress so far in subjects and your predicted grades / targets if you wish.
Original post by israyussuf422
if you have any study tips that you think would benefit or any resources for everyone , you can share in this forum.
My subjects:
Maths (AQA)
Science (Triple AQA)
Citizenship (OCR)
Arabic (EDEXCEL)
History (Edexcel)
^^
share your progress so far in subjects and your predicted grades / targets if you wish.
Goodluck with exams everyone!
My subjects:
Maths (AQA)
Science (Triple AQA)
Citizenship (OCR)
Arabic (EDEXCEL)
History (Edexcel)
^^
I'm so excited and upset to be leaving secondary school! I can't believe its like 12 Fridays, not counting Easter break, until we leave! I'm gonna cram in lots of revision for this final push, it's going to be such a stressful thing but the relief is going to be insaneee I cannot wait! I don't know if I'm ready to not see my friends everyday, we're all going to different colleges and sixth forms, its crazy.
I'm taking 3 A Levels in college:
Film Studies
Media Studies
And Photography

I think these are going to be so fun because they're subjects that I actually enjoy, and I wont have the stress of unnecessary things like Science?
Good luck everyone, I'll try remember to come back to this on that final Friday that I'm in school for my final exam, which by the way is Physics Paper 2! :smile:
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by johnnycagefan1
I'm so excited and upset to be leaving secondary school! I can't believe its like 12 Fridays, not counting Easter break, until we leave! I'm gonna cram in lots of revision for this final push, it's going to be such a stressful thing but the relief is going to be insaneee I cannot wait! I don't know if I'm ready to not see my friends everyday, we're all going to different colleges and sixth forms, its crazy.
I'm taking 3 A Levels in college:
Film Studies
Media Studies
And Photography

I think these are going to be so fun because they're subjects that I actually enjoy, and I wont have the stress of unnecessary things like Science?
Good luck everyone, I'll try remember to come back to this on that final Friday that I'm in school for my final exam, which by the way is Physics Paper 2! :smile:
Thats great to hear!!
whats your predicted grades?
Heyyy
Here is the link to the official year 11 chat if you want to share your results there and there is loads of great advice on there xx
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7393425&p=99199229&page=20&viewing_newpost=1#post99199229
Thats great to hear!!
whats your predicted grades?
My predicted grades are. . .
English Language: 7
English Literature: 8
Maths: 5 [I just moved to foundation. I wish there was a middle ground between Foundation and Higher, because I'm finding it too easy now, but before I was getting poor grades.. :frown:(]
Triple Science [Foundation. I used to be in higher but I've moved for personal reasons]:
Biology: 5
Chemistry: 5
Physics: 5
History: 6 or 7
Media: 8 or 9
Art: 8
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by agent_duck343
Heyyy
Here is the link to the official year 11 chat if you want to share your results there and there is loads of great advice on there xx
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7393425&p=99199229&page=20&viewing_newpost=1#post99199229
yes but it takes alot of scrolling on there so just an updated version (countdown , resoucers ) so its easier to find
Original post by johnnycagefan1
My predicted grades are. . .
English Language: 7
English Literature: 8
Maths: 5 [I just moved to foundation. I wish there was a middle ground between Foundation and Higher, because I'm finding it too easy now, but before I was getting poor grades.. :frown:(]
Triple Science [Foundation. I used to be in higher but I've moved for personal reasons]:
Biology: 5
Chemistry: 5
Physics: 5
History: 6 or 7
Media: 8 or 9
Art: 8
oh those are all very good grades considering the fact that your in foundation which means you must be getting high marks!!
my predicted are pretty similiar to urs tbf
english lang - 8
eng lit - 8
biology - 8
chemistry - 6
physics - 8
maths - 6
RE -6
History -5
citizenship 5
arabic -6

i hope i got better or those grades would do but mocks and predicted grades are not always accurate so study hard and revise!
oh those are all very good grades considering the fact that your in foundation which means you must be getting high marks!!
my predicted are pretty similiar to urs tbf
english lang - 8
eng lit - 8
biology - 8
chemistry - 6
physics - 8
maths - 6
RE -6
History -5
citizenship 5
arabic -6

i hope i got better or those grades would do but mocks and predicted grades are not always accurate so study hard and revise!
I’m sure you’re gonna do awesome!
I was taking German before, but I dropped it— again, for personal issues.. but my school gave me a choice to do Turkish in year 9 because of my background [I’m half Turkish half Romanian] - I SHOULDVE TAKEN IT!! But yeah..
🙂
Reply 9
hey guys does anyone do drama as one of their options or know anyone who does?
My subjects:
Maths (AQA)
Science (Triple AQA)
Citizenship (OCR)
Arabic (EDEXCEL)
History (Edexcel)
^^
i'm also doing arabic gcse, do u have any website recommendations?
Original post by nelly707
i'm also doing arabic gcse, do u have any website recommendations?
arabic is actually pretty hard to find resources for me i use the specification which has ALL the vocabulary u need , just make sure you cover the grammer eg past tense , present future , future tense and you should be ok?
what grade r u currently?
i speak egyptian arabic at home but msa is really different so I can’t get by with my arabic, listening and speaking are my best and my worst are writing and reading. I get 7-8s in listening and speaking, but 5s and 6s in writing and listening
Original post by nelly707
i speak egyptian arabic at home but msa is really different so I can’t get by with my arabic, listening and speaking are my best and my worst are writing and reading. I get 7-8s in listening and speaking, but 5s and 6s in writing and listening
ohhhhhh thats still good since you know a good amount of vocabs
u should try use quizlet since many ppl make resources

Quick Reply

Latest