The Student Room Group

Missed my math exam

:frown: :frown: I missed my C2 exam this friday because my friend's tire got punctured on the way to school. I live an hour away and it happened on the highway. It was too late to still go to school by the time another tyre was brought to replace it.
The exams officer has told me to bring some sort of evidence to prove that it did happen. The only sort of evidence I could think to show them was the bill for the new tyre.
I am not sure this will suffice, but if it does, how does this affect my application to the universities?
*This was a resit exam, I had an overall B in math a-level from last year, and needed an 82 on this paper for the overall A
All I'm thinking is that the receipt would have a time and date on it? That should be enough proof...
Reply 2
Original post by BayHarborButcher
All I'm thinking is that the receipt would have a time and date on it? That should be enough proof...

Yeah, it does. So, how would this affect my application to the universities? I still have a B, wheras they are asking for an A. The other thing I could do is somehow apply for a c4 resit, which has a ridiculous fee for late entries.
Reply 3
Email your Uni now and ask what their policy for missed exams etc is, then you'll know whether or not to resit c4
Original post by Lackadaisical
Yeah, it does. So, how would this affect my application to the universities? I still have a B, wheras they are asking for an A. The other thing I could do is somehow apply for a c4 resit, which has a ridiculous fee for late entries.

I'd speak to the uni. Maybe your target grade might affect it?? If ends all I'd do the C4 resit, if it gets you a uni place then it's worth any fee of money!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending