The Student Room Group

A Level Revision Resources

Hi! I'm in y12 and take Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Spanish A Levels. Exam board is WJEC.

For GSCE revision, I used A LOT of online resources like BBC Bitesize and cognito. Was wondering if there are any websites like these for my A Level options?

Also, if anyone has any advice pls share, it would help a great deal! I feel like I'm drowning in work atm 😅😅😅
Original post by yamontoast
Hi! I'm in y12 and take Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Spanish A Levels. Exam board is WJEC.

For GSCE revision, I used A LOT of online resources like BBC Bitesize and cognito. Was wondering if there are any websites like these for my A Level options?

Also, if anyone has any advice pls share, it would help a great deal! I feel like I'm drowning in work atm 😅😅😅

I can only help with bio and chem to an extent

For biology exam technique is literally what matters most. You could know what you're talking about and explain it right factually, but if you miss a specific key word or key phrase you will be marked down. It's not necessary to be doing extensive amounts of exam questions for now (as you're so early into the course) but definetely taking a look at exam questions from the topics you've covered and the mark scheme will be a good start. Use Miss Estruch, a great youtuber who explains literally entire topics in under an hour. She's very useful and will be great for your end of year 12 exams.

Chemistry, I actually dropped this subject at the end of year 12 due to the struggle I was facing (I got Us four times in a row for each mock exam). But I do know from other friends that Chemistry is much more about application and understanding than memorising especially when it comes to the maths portion and the mechanisms (you'll learn this later on in the year). Use Elliot Rintol and Allery Chemistry to help too.

Quick Reply

Latest