The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Fail to meet conditional offers in UCL

I hold a UCL offer in Engineering and have received a conditional offer for A*AA (A* in Mathematics). I took four A-levels in Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry, and Physics, but I performed poorly on my Maths P4 exam and could not finish it. As a result, I don't think I can meet the A* condition and will likely only receive an A in Maths. However, I may achieve an A* in Physics and Chemistry, and possibly an A in Further Maths.

My question is whether it is possible to appeal and still be accepted into UCL without meeting the A* requirement, given my strong performance in two subjects (Physics and Chemistry/Further Maths) but not in Maths. Alternatively, should I apply for extenuating circumstances? I am considering both options, but I am unsure which would be better. Should I wait until the results are released before appealing?
Reply 1
Universities will get your A level results a week before you do. Everyone one who has fined UCL and wets the offer will get a place on the course. Some time the course won’t be full as not enough people have have made the grade. Then they look at the near misses and decide if they want to give them the place. So even if you don’t make the offer you may find you have place when you log into UCAS on results day. If you for some reason haven’t, for a uni like UCL and a popular course like Engineering, if probably means they have filled the course already with applicants who got the grades or near misses.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending