The Student Room Group

Can I retake year 11 if I don’t do my GCSEs?

I’ve done one term in year 11 and behind 2-3 years, I missed out on education at a early age (I think years 3 and 4) due to reasons I don’t really know. my mum was homeschooling me and I i know for a fact I didn’t do anything. Pretty sure that’s illegal. I’m stressing so much. What’s the most amount of years I can reset. If not any years… I have dyslexia and have somthing called somrhing like a echp ? Idk if that would help with anything.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 1
Before I write this, I just want preface that I don't know this for certain. No, you can't exactly resit year 11, I think they do this in other countries though. However, if this year when you do your GCSE's and perhaps fail, in college or 6th form you can resit english language and maths, as well as doing the course you may want to do. If you've only missed out on year 3 and 4, I don't think you need to worry much about failing your GCSE's, since you wouldn't have missed any KS4 content. However, I don't know your personal life and how that's going for you.

Your ECHP can help your school to make accomodations for you, also in exams. People with dyslexia often get 25% extra time, so this will help you in exams. And you never get marked down for spelling, except for around 4 marks in English (if you write with incorrect Grammar that might be an issue). I had a friend who was dyslexic and also had a ECHP, she had 25% extra time and got 6s in English. I would recommend for you or your parents to talk to the school about this, you should just about have time to put something in place.

But for now, you have a bit of time to crack down and focus on your GCSE's. If you are determined and put the effort in, you can most likely pass your exams this year. If not, you can resit maths and english langauge in college of sixth form.

Quick Reply

Latest