The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial missed offer

How likely would you be let in if you missed your offer to an engineering course at imperial by one grade ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Do you have an offer from imperial?
Original post by tjto
Maths destroy you?

I feel you bro. Same position. So screwed.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Sometimes if you get a better grade in another subject and it balances out, they can still give you an offer.
Same... maths has fr ruined all of us lmao
Reply 4
Hey is it the wjec maths exam because if so I can guarantee you that the grade boundaries will be low as nearly everyone who I have spoken to who has done that exam found it really difficult.
Original post by M.el
Hey is it the wjec maths exam because if so I can guarantee you that the grade boundaries will be low as nearly everyone who I have spoken to who has done that exam found it really difficult.

Yep wjec for me. needed an A* I think I’ll get a B at best now
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Yep wjec for me. needed an A* I think I’ll get a B at best now

Don’t worry EVERYONE literally found that exam hard, so the grade boundaries will be low.
Original post by M.el
Don’t worry EVERYONE literally found that exam hard, so the grade boundaries will be low.

I really hope so! I don't even think I actually got many answers, just counting on method marks and low grade boundaries. Then hopefully unit 4 could bring my grade up to an A at the very least and I *might* still be considered for uni.

Thats my only hope now ahaha
Reply 8
Nah , it’s more physics I’m worried about , need A* A* A and don’t think I could maybe scrape an A* in maths , but saying that the maths exam also didn’t go very well
Reply 9
Nah , it’s more physics I’m worried about , need A* A* A . Defo only got an A . I could maybe scrape an A* in maths , but saying that the maths exam also didn’t go very well.
I emailed Imperial, they didn't really say anything about missing an offer and said it just depends every year
BUT they did say they accept resit applicants which I was surprised about.
Nah , it’s more physics I’m worried about , need A* A* A and don’t think I could maybe scrape an A* in maths , but saying that the maths exam also didn’t go very well

if you can't get an A* in something as piss-easy as A level Maths you aren't Imperial College calibre lmao
What did you get in your a levels ?
Original post by A Rolling Stone
if you can't get an A* in something as piss-easy as A level Maths you aren't Imperial College calibre lmao
What did you get in your a levels ?

three A stars. i graduated from St Andrews a couple of years ago. i'm not saying maths is easy to everyone, but it bloody-well should be to Imperial calibre students. an engineering degree is on a WHOLE different level

Tbh that exam was dreadful, its new spec and a lot harder than the past papers from old spec & specimen papers.
Doing old style past paper questions didn't really help a lot, even the students from my school holding oxbridge offers thought it was a difficult paper compared to previous ones.

Hopefully grade boundaries save us :s-smilie:
Original post by Annonymous0932
Tbh that exam was dreadful, its new spec and a lot harder than the past papers from old spec & specimen papers.
Doing old style past paper questions didn't really help a lot, even the students from my school holding oxbridge offers thought it was a difficult paper compared to previous ones.

Hopefully grade boundaries save us :s-smilie:

"Hopefully grade boundaries save us"

Don't mean to sound aggressive but that is the point of them...
"Hopefully grade boundaries save us"

Don't mean to sound aggressive but that is the point of them...

well yeah...?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 17
Sooo what happened to you guys? I don't have exams this year so I'm super worried if I'll meet the entry requirements, would anyone mind telling me what happened?
Original post by ibkid23
Sooo what happened to you guys? I don't have exams this year so I'm super worried if I'll meet the entry requirements, would anyone mind telling me what happened?

Same here, I'm a private candidate and did some mock exams with a centre and need A*A*A for Mech eng :/ super worried because I have no idea how the grading will work etc.

What subject have you got an offer for?
Original post by ibkid23

Imperial will work differently this year with predicted grades and all that so I wouldn't even ask since it's basically a completely different situation. They set their requirements for a reason so the only way I can see someone getting their offer given they missed it is if they missed their mark by one grade (probably the most irrelevant one... chances are they will want/need an A* in maths and physics since if the requirements weren't that high they wouldn't be so prestigious in the first place) AND if they have the spaces available. We have no idea if they gave out more or less offers than usual due to predicted grades being the main source so we can't tell if we will have a similar situation to last year where grades are inflated or deflated. However, I think that it's expected that grades will be inflated like last year so PERSONALLY I doubt that imperial will give any leeway however we won't know until it happens. Best of luck, hope everything turns out for the best!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending