The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Lucy :)
I think Cena has already filled his boots or is close to how can you say no one likes him. I love the Rock but still.

But he's not on the same level as the Rock is he.
Is the Rock still getting a DVD? Only one I care about don't like Austin or Hogan.
Reply 1382
I think Cena has already filled his boots or is close to how can you say no one likes him. I love the Rock but still.

I acknowledged the children like him. But children are quite stupid. Oh, and women like him......but not due to his wrestling skills or charisma.

How has he filled those boots r even close? He's only where he is right now coz Vince wants the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to never stop or slow down.
LawYah
But he's not on the same level as the Rock is he.

No he isn't not really read what people have said properly but Rock isn't a good wrestler at all not saying Cena is either.
Reply 1384
LawYah
I'm not going to lie I downloaded and watched it for myself. I laughed quite a bit :ninja:

I think the movie he was promoting before was Grid iron or Doom, one of them.

He made a joke about donuts and eating donuts.

I downloaded it too but I did watch it with my lil cuz. But we'll both be ninjas :ninja:

Gridiron Gang is an excellent film imo. Doom not so much. I actually like a few of his films (Rundown, Walking Tall) haven't seen Scorpion King though.
Reply 1385
No he isn't not really read what people have said properly but Rock isn't a good wrestler at all not saying Cena is either.

Rocks a better wrestler than Cena. He's not Bret Hart, but he's better than Cena. Hell, Colin Delaney is better than Cena.
Reply 1386
Everyone knows he's an average wrestler but he's a much better entertainer than Cena, the whole rap gimmick was ****, maybe Cena is funny and maybe he had the potential but he completely ****ed it up with that cheesy gimmick.

The Rock on the other hand, the catch phrases, the promos, the jokes...everything he has done is legendary! heel or face.
uzi786
I acknowledged the children like him. But children are quite stupid. Oh, and women like him......but not due to his wrestling skills or charisma.

How has he filled those boots r even close? He's only where he is right now coz Vince wants the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to never stop or slow down.

You can't blame him for that its his business if he gave the title to anyone with wrestling skills who would actuallay get it? Boring Shelton who can't get over at all. Kids don't understand about wrestling skills or charisma they see Cena as the rapping hero when you was a kid I'm guessing around 2000 you still believed everything was real? When Stone Cold got run over HHH with the fork lift I loved that and I believed it all. Marks are great they appreciate what they get and don't over analysis everything.

Edit: Probably didn't make much sense but I know what I mean.
Floyd Mayweather has been continuing making some strong comments since this week’s WWE WrestleMania 224 press conference.

He said “I’m not going to stop until I get the championship belt,” in a recent interview with TheSweetScience.com. He also added “I’m staying here until I become the WWE champ.”

Floyd Mayweather said, “I’m a risk taker,” while he was explaining why he accepted the deal to appear at WWE WrestleMania 24. “I wanted to dip into different fields and different avenues, that’s what I love to do. What better place to do it than WWE?”

**** Off :laugh:

he's just talking ****.. somebody needs to remind him that wwe normally doesn't dish out 20 million per one match.. when reality hits he'll find out how much some of these guys REALLY makes per year.. then he won't even do it...
Reply 1389
Muhammid Ali vs Antonio Inoki...I think that's what they're trying to re-live. Was a **** match, Inoki wasn't allowed to use any grapple moves, and was only allowed to be on the floor, and use kicks.
Reply 1390
You can't blame him for that its his business if he gave the title to anyone with wrestling skills who would actuallay get it? Boring Shelton who can't get over at all. Kids don't understand about wrestling skills or charisma they see Cena as the rapping hero when you was a kid I'm guessing around 2000 you still believed everything was real? When Stone Cold got run over HHH with the fork lift I loved that and I believed it all. Marks are great they appreciate what they get and don't over analysis everything.

Edit: Probably didn't make much sense but I know what I mean.

Yeah u are right. We all started out as marks. Wrestling was so much simpler than.....

Anyone got alink to the Inoki-Ali match? I've read stuff about it, but never seen it.
Reply 1391
if you youtube it you get like a few minutes of it, practically the same all the way through.
I heard about the pay-off, though I do doubt that it's that high, I think it's been trumped up for publicity a la Ford Field attendance. I don't know what they are thinking though in general, this will not make the Wrestlemania buyrate double to 2 milllion or whatever. In face, I doubt this year's will top last year's (which was just over 1, 200,000 buys, the biggest in history). I honestly sorta hope it won't, just to show WWE and Shane in particular. You get the wrestling right (Batista/Taker and Cena/Michaels were very solid feuds, and the former was a great match) and the other segments will follow. Trump/McMahon worked as part of a solid Mania, I think Show/Mayweather may tank as part of quite a lacklustre Mania tbh. I'm not excited by either Edge/Taker (I thought I would be, but looking at the spoilers for this week, it's more horrible booking) or the Raw triple threat. The only match I wanna see is Michaels/Flair, which I hope they'll give time and do justice.
Oh and there is no comparison between The Rock and John Cena, unless to say that Vince still thinks he is the next Rock. Funny that, their biggest current star being referred to like that, shows how worlds apart they really are.

You could never lace up The Great One's boots, John.
I thought 17 had the biggest buy rate?

Best Mania of all time brilliant card top to bottom.
Nope, 17 was probably the best Mania of all time (19 was good, as were 21 and 23) but it didn't have the biggest buyrate of all time. I would estimate that 17 did around a million buys but I can't be sure, only WWE really knows the exact figures. According to one website I read, 17 did 1040000 buys, making it the second highest grossing Mania of all time.
I want to watch 17 so much. Lended video and DVD to friends now they've 'lost' it and don't want to pay 30 pound for it.
Reply 1397
I want to watch 17 so much. Lended video and DVD to friends now they've 'lost' it and don't want to pay 30 pound for it.

One of those ones :rolleyes:

I have RRs and WMs from I think 96 to 02 I think. They're on DVD-Rs though. I was actually about to bin em last week......dunno y tbh, but I doubt I'll ever watch them again. If you want you can have wm17.

Or having said that you could download it!
Thats how I have the WM anthology just with 17 missing.
Reply 1399
torrent it, sure they have it

Latest