The Student Room Group

Red light camera.....

So I was travelling the speed limit, 40 mph....

I was on the A40 near acton, I went through a red light by about 1/2 seconds, I didn't have enough time to slow down, I started to slow down on amber, but I wouldn't have made it for sure, so I speeded up to try and get through and went through the red light by a few seconds..?

3 points and a fine :frown:

And also the same day I was doing 40 in a 30, thinking it was a 40 :frown:

SAME DAY, if I get done for both that's my license gone!
Original post by Anthony.BF
So I was travelling the speed limit, 40 mph....

I was on the A40 near acton, I went through a red light by about 1/2 seconds, I didn't have enough time to slow down, I started to slow down on amber, but I wouldn't have made it for sure, so I speeded up to try and get through and went through the red light by a few seconds..?

3 points and a fine :frown:

And also the same day I was doing 40 in a 30, thinking it was a 40 :frown:

SAME DAY, if I get done for both that's my license gone!

Those few seconds through a red could be the difference between safety and possibly writing off your car and seriously injuring yourself and others.

Hit a child at 30mph they have a 70% chance of survival. Hit them at 40mph they have a 20% of survival. Have you not seen the adverts?

I'm sorry bro, but you gotta have your wits about you. Concentrate!

You posted a while ago, I hope you still have your licence.
Reply 2
Bad luck.

however I never get why people don't have time to slow down for lights, its not like they are ever not seeable from a fair distance away and they don't go from amber to red that fast. Unless people try to gamble on amber I don't see how they can't. I've stopped for lights on 50 roads with ease and not hard breaking more than once.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
From what you've said it sounds like basic human error. You didn't forward plan far enough and you didn't prepare in case the lights changed to red. Not the first person who has done it and you won't be the last.
Did you get flashed when you passed the red light? IIRC there are tolerances set in the cameras.
Original post by AeroMad
From what you've said it sounds like basic human error. You didn't forward plan far enough and you didn't prepare in case the lights changed to red. Not the first person who has done it and you won't be the last.
Did you get flashed when you passed the red light? IIRC there are tolerances set in the cameras.

I didn't get any fines at all :smile:

This was ages ago now lol,

It's a funny road because it's a 40mph zone, but everyone does 60/70 and when a crossing starts changing everyone slams on their brakes like no tomorrow

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending