The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE Maths Linear Papers 3 and 4 (10th June 2013 and 14th June 2013)

Hello, I couldn't find a thread on these exams so I've decided to create one (Higher tier). :biggrin: How did you find these exams? :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

We can't talk about them until 12 tonight mate :biggrin:
Original post by Galileo Galilei
We can't talk about them until 12 tonight mate :biggrin:

Oh, right, sorry...but OCR exams would be fine? :colondollar:
Reply 3
Glad you created this post been looking for one for ages!! Which paper did you think was harder 3 or 4?
Original post by BP_Tranquility
Oh, right, sorry...but OCR exams would be fine? :colondollar:

Yes, OCR is completely fine mate, sorry, go right ahead.
Reply 5
paper 4 was easy. does anybody remember any of the questions? (and the answers to them)

well for the last question on the cal, you had to use the quadratic formula; x was 0.(somthing) and 1.(something) (sorry, i cant remember what it was)
Reply 6
what do you guys think will be the grade boundaries?
What did you get for these questions?

To find the upper bound did you have to as 0.005 to the answer for that question on cars (I assumed that to find the upper bound you had to halve 0.01 since it was to two decimal places)?

For the 6 mark question on booking tickets, did you write yes or no?

:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by theexamsguy
Glad you created this post been looking for one for ages!! Which paper did you think was harder 3 or 4?

Personally, I thought that paper 3 was harder but I found them both to be fine. What about you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
157/200 = a*
125/200 = a
93/200 = b
Reply 10
if any one could remember the questions; i'd like to put the correct answers .
or can anyone put the questions they know
Paper 3 was more difficult than paper 4 :smile:

The answer to the last question on paper 4 was -1.1 and 0.5 :smile:

What did people get for the the new measurement when the volume was tripled for the bin?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by Nn_a1
157/200 = a*
125/200 = a
93/200 = b

Is this for definite, or just a prediction?
Reply 13
Original post by Molly_xox
Paper 3 was more difficult than paper 4 :smile:

The answer to the last question on paper 4 was -1.1 and 0.5 :smile:

What did people get for the the new measurement when the volume was tripled for the bin?

Posted from TSR Mobile

For the height question it was 60*cubed root of 3, which was something like 86. something
Reply 14
i got the cubed root of 3 thing.
also i got -1.1 and 0.5.
for the cumulative frequency did you get 902mm of rain ?
for the cereal box i got offer A, and i also said he couldn't go on holiday unless Mr x went from a different airport.
i got the the child got 4 on his test.
and for the years for the population to reach 8000 i got 2025, because it took 15 years to get to something like 7800 or something, so 2010 + 15 =2025.

I will post other answers that i remember :smile:
Original post by elliot785
i got the cubed root of 3 thing.
also i got -1.1 and 0.5.
for the cumulative frequency did you get 902mm of rain ?
for the cereal box i got offer A, and i also said he couldn't go on holiday unless Mr x went from a different airport.
i got the the child got 4 on his test.
and for the years for the population to reach 8000 i got 2025, because it took 15 years to get to something like 7800 or something, so 2010 + 15 =2025.

I will post other answers that i remember :smile:

Same here for all of those (apart from the top one because I had no idea)

What was the real way to do the moving average question? I used trial and error, but pretty sure that wasn't what you were supposed to do...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by OverloadHM
For the height question it was 60*cubed root of 3, which was something like 86. something

Thank you! I've put 80, I had no idea -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile
I put 2025 for the birds question but some people said it was 2024 because on the 1st jan 2024 the pop was like 8100 or something and 1st jan 2025 it was 7700, the question asked which year did they drop below 8000 which means they must have dropped below sometime in 2024
Reply 18
Original post by theexamsguy
I put 2025 for the birds question but some people said it was 2024 because on the 1st jan 2024 the pop was like 8100 or something and 1st jan 2025 it was 7700, the question asked which year did they drop below 8000 which means they must have dropped below sometime in 2024

Don't worry, it's 2025 (well that's what basically everyone in my year put)
Does anyone remember the answers to the last few pages, one of the questions was about angles in a triangle

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending