The Student Room Group

Business Studies A2 Edexcel Unit 4 6BS04 Superdry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by CutieAngel
Do you guys think investment appraisal would come? It already came in jan 2013 so I am not much concentrating on it. Please tell me if you guys think that there are chances of it coming again?

Maybe the NPV not payback or ARR as it was in jan.. Or the usefulness of IA could be asked

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 61
Original post by MinaaLaLa
Would a proper Q on franchising come up as it isn't in the specification ? I would have thought only as a definition maybe ? As it is in the case study

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think so cuz its not mentioned in the specification and the main focus is on the strategic decisions of supergroup...Can you tell me if you think investment appraisal would come? i haven't studied it yet :/
Reply 62
Maybe the NPV not payback or ARR as it was in jan.. Or the usefulness of IA could be asked

Posted from TSR Mobile

Reply 63
Forgot to Attach there you go.. Sorry about the weird lightening

See these questions you have provided are they past papers adapted to superdry or is this the paper :eek: becuase they look like very real questions.
Reply 64
I don't think so cuz its not mentioned in the specification and the main focus is on the strategic decisions of supergroup...Can you tell me if you think investment appraisal would come? i haven't studied it yet :/

Okay, thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
Original post by eddoonn
See these questions you have provided are they past papers adapted to superdry or is this the paper :eek: becuase they look like very real questions.

No no It's not the paper lol or past papers it's just someone who's school got someone to predict Q based on the case study..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
Evaluate Superdry's decision of opening a store on Regent street? (20)

Any strong points? :confused:
Reply 67
Evaluate Superdry's decision of opening a store on Regent street? (20)

Any strong points? :confused:

Hey the answer for this would be according to me,
Supergroup has been desperate to take a large store in the Regent street because the location has strategic benefits, it houses the leading brands in the fashion market and therefore having a large store in this location would enhance the status of the superdry brand. It will make the customers feel that superdry is one of the leading brands.
Regent street is a fashion street of London because it contains many branded stores therefore by taking a store, supergroup will be in close proximity to its target market and therefore the probability of making sales will be much greater.
Supergroup can make this a store a flagship store which means the products that it sells here will be priced higher than its other store and supergroup will attempt to differentiate its brand through this flagship store.

However, since 12 million pounds is a big investment, and investment appraisal needs to be done to find out whether this investment is profitable in the long run. Also must calculate the payback period, how long it take supergroup to recover its cost.
Some may question the prudence of spending 12 million on a single outlet because there could be other priorities for supergroup, for example developing new products or entering new markets
Overall Supergroup will gain through non-financial benefits of its strategic
location.

HOPE THAT ANSWER HELPS YOU :smile:

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask! Thank you!
Reply 68
1.prominent place,customer visits comaparatively high.
2.it recently missed a place in US. So better to relocate here..by 2010-11 they planned to relocate ,so objective may be fulfilled.
3.successful trade by austin reed these 100 yrs

however,
lease cost too high. £12m
operational costs to be concerned as well.
other info should be provided as well to make the decision based on other decision tools like the IA.
Reply 69

Hey i can't open these links for some reason
Could you upload it on a word document please?
Reply 70
Done a plan to a Q. could anyone give me suggestions on what to add or take out etc...

Evaluate the likely impact of Super Dry’s Corporate culture on its past growth and future growth potential (20)

Knowledge- Define Corporate Culture Refers to the accepted codes of behaviour within a business. Based on Handy’s corporate culture would be seen as role as employees are delegated responsibility based on their position. Theo Karpathios was in charge of the wholesale and international diversion before he left

Application- Super group’s Super dry’s corporate culture is centred on continuous evolution of their brand designs. Customer concerns have been its becoming too mainstream. Susanne Given the new chief operating officer could suggest a change in culture

Analysis- Impact or no impact

Impact- 1 importance on designs 25 designers (in house) wider product range –core competence-customer loyalty-higher sales-higher profits –more market share 2 Employees & management wear and support the brand ‘no one wears a tie around here’ –CEO- attractive to potential employees better candidates –better efficiency higher drive towards sales- growth 3 Super dry corporate culture is presented in their working environment and communicated through Mission statement CSR initiatives in staff newspapers and training good reputation against competitors Abercrombie’s Hollister higher sales –increased market share

No impact- 1 Fashion industry-trends-popularity in the style of super dry with their unique designs not a lot of substitutes 0 may explain demand- sales and growth 2 Management- experience of holder (bench) and Dunkerton (cult clothing) able to deal with issues effectively and have a good eye for opportunities 3 Celebrity popularity which is influential marketing David Beckham, Justin Bieber, Kristen Stewart improves international potential for success

Evaluation- Corporate culture is important to super dry’s future as this is what drives the brand- fear of corporate culture being weakened by the quit from Theo and new management staff. As well as the takeover of CNC meaning Luc Clement joining super group’s management- cause resentment? Job uncertainty?- no shareholder support of re-election of Julian Dunkerton? Change of culture means change of brand which is was central to their growth and is important for future growth

What does impact and no impact mean in your analysis?
Reply 71
Original post by Mtheodore
Hey i can't open these links for some reason
Could you upload it on a word document please?

Sorry for the inconvenience, it should work now :biggrin:
Reply 72
Original post by rimzan1994
Sorry for the inconvenience, it should work now :biggrin:

excellent notes thx so much!
Reply 73
Original post by Mtheodore
excellent notes thx so much!

Thats okay. Cheers mate! :biggrin:
Reply 74
Hey guys just went through all the past papers and came up with this
Can be used for revision/predictions
Reply 75
Original post by Dude Ranch
What does impact and no impact mean in your analysis?

Just how I separate my Analysis talking about the impact of Corp culture & there not being an impact ( both sides of the argument) and my evaluation is what I would include in my conclusion. Sorry if this confused just they way we structure in class

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76
Hey the answer for this would be according to me,
Supergroup has been desperate to take a large store in the Regent street because the location has strategic benefits, it houses the leading brands in the fashion market and therefore having a large store in this location would enhance the status of the superdry brand. It will make the customers feel that superdry is one of the leading brands.
Regent street is a fashion street of London because it contains many branded stores therefore by taking a store, supergroup will be in close proximity to its target market and therefore the probability of making sales will be much greater.
Supergroup can make this a store a flagship store which means the products that it sells here will be priced higher than its other store and supergroup will attempt to differentiate its brand through this flagship store.

However, since 12 million pounds is a big investment, and investment appraisal needs to be done to find out whether this investment is profitable in the long run. Also must calculate the payback period, how long it take supergroup to recover its cost.
Some may question the prudence of spending 12 million on a single outlet because there could be other priorities for supergroup, for example developing new products or entering new markets
Overall Supergroup will gain through non-financial benefits of its strategic
location.

HOPE THAT ANSWER HELPS YOU :smile:

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask! Thank you!

You are a genius..Thanks a lot :smile:
Reply 77
Original post by Zulfa
1.prominent place,customer visits comaparatively high.
2.it recently missed a place in US. So better to relocate here..by 2010-11 they planned to relocate ,so objective may be fulfilled.
3.successful trade by austin reed these 100 yrs

however,
lease cost too high. £12m
operational costs to be concerned as well.
other info should be provided as well to make the decision based on other decision tools like the IA.

Thanks a lot :smile:
Reply 78
You are a genius..Thanks a lot :smile:

HAHA, I'm not actually. Had my C4 exam yesterday couldn't study properly for BS4, was involved in helping other people who are doing BS4, so that way I remember atleast something. Good luck for your exams tomorrow. :smile:)
Reply 79
HAHA, I'm not actually. Had my C4 exam yesterday couldn't study properly for BS4, was involved in helping other people who are doing BS4, so that way I remember atleast something. Good luck for your exams tomorrow. :smile:)

That's sweet :smile: Thanks and good luck to you too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending