The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

London college of fashion BA fashion photography

This is my first time posting, but is anyone applying for LCF intake 2014!!? More specifically BA Fashion photography? In addition, do any current students have any work they can show that can demonstrate what the standard is like to apply? Like work before they started the course?
I'm so worried, reading the threads and so on have been completely terrifying of people's experiences of the actual interview. My heart is set on this uni, I'm just worried that my fashion knowledge could be a bit rusty!
It'd be great to chat to some people that are wanting to do this course also!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi!
I'm glad to find someone who is interested in the same thing. I'm definitely applying for LCF 2014 - BA fashion photography.
I am also superworried about everything and since I'm not from UK, it makes everything even more difficult for me. But I know in my heart that this is the thing I want to do and I'm ready to give 100% of me to get in.
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by JuliaSh
Hi!
I'm glad to find someone who is interested in the same thing. I'm definitely applying for LCF 2014 - BA fashion photography.
I am also superworried about everything and since I'm not from UK, it makes everything even more difficult for me. But I know in my heart that this is the thing I want to do and I'm ready to give 100% of me to get in.

Where abouts are you coming from? :smile: I'm exactly the same, I've been wanting to go to this university for too long! Do you have any places I can see your current work?
Reply 3
I'm from Estonia, it's a tiny country in Europe. I actually just made flickr account but I haven't added many photos yet. I'm also currently working on my website. What do you think of chatting somewhere? Maybe facebook?
Do you have any website where I can also see your photos?
Reply 4
Original post by JuliaSh
I'm from Estonia, it's a tiny country in Europe. I actually just made flickr account but I haven't added many photos yet. I'm also currently working on my website. What do you think of chatting somewhere? Maybe facebook?
Do you have any website where I can also see your photos?

I'd be happy to chat! If you just type Emma Marsden-hill in Facebook I should come up! Otherwise just go on my Facebook page which is the usual Facebook URL followed by 'emmamhphotography'! The photos on there are naff though!
Reply 5
Original post by Emarsdenhill
I'd be happy to chat! If you just type Emma Marsden-hill in Facebook I should come up! Otherwise just go on my Facebook page which is the usual Facebook URL followed by 'emmamhphotography'! The photos on there are naff though!

I tried to add you in facebook but I for some reason I couldn't. I sent you a message there though. I also looked through your photos, they are amazing and unusual. I really believe you have a chance to enter this course :smile:.
Reply 6
Original post by JuliaSh
I tried to add you in facebook but I for some reason I couldn't. I sent you a message there though. I also looked through your photos, they are amazing and unusual. I really believe you have a chance to enter this course :smile:.

For some reason I haven't received any messages from you at all! Try this link [Mod note: Please use private messages to exchange contact details] you should be able to get to me from there. But thank you for the feedback and hopefully this time it should work!
Reply 7
OMG..am completely the same...am from leicester, which is in England!! and I've been DYING TO GO TO THIS UNIVERSITY TOO... All I've been doing that's productive is adding fashion photographers on Instagram ..and messaging them...and also really worried that I won't get into this university because of how Competitive it is!! Is it ok if I can chat to both of you guys about this...you don't know how ALONE I FEEL WITH THIS!!
Reply 8
ME!!! I've felt pinterest has really helped me get inspiration, try building a board on there it helps so much :smile: you're right it's so competitive to get in LCF.. scary!
Reply 9
also at the sister college central saint martins where i've also applied i've heard horror stories that you all put your portfolios on a table and you go away for an hour, then you return and if you have a green sticker you're granted an interview, and a red you just simply go home :frown:
Reply 10
Original post by billyjo1995
also at the sister college central saint martins where i've also applied i've heard horror stories that you all put your portfolios on a table and you go away for an hour, then you return and if you have a green sticker you're granted an interview, and a red you just simply go home :frown:

Oh gosh that sounds awful! I'm gunna go to try a Pinterest account! Seems like it'd be helpful.... Are you applying for fashion photography then? :smile:
Original post by Emarsdenhill
Oh gosh that sounds awful! I'm gunna go to try a Pinterest account! Seems like it'd be helpful.... Are you applying for fashion photography then? :smile:

woohoo :smile: i am indeed!
Reply 12
Original post by billyjo1995
woohoo :smile: i am indeed!

Oh great!!! Where abouts are you from? :smile:
Reply 13
Hi,
I'm also applying for the fashion photography course for 2014! I've read loads of reviews about it being so strict, I'm more worried about being picked for an interview than the actual interview itself, i have no previous work experience in photography so wondering if they still interview people with high marks/distinctions.
I'm applying for the foundation in styling and photography as well as i've read its easier to get onto with no experience.
Have you all applied yet?
Reply 14
HI All am appling for the fashion photography course aswell for 2014 entry. am bricking myself. i currently have my own freelance photography business but have decided to go down the fashion root so am only appling for this uni and this course.

i have friends that have done this course and was asking them for advice. which was

be yourself. if you go in not knowing what your portfolio has in it (techniques etc) then they think your bull****ting

they want you to be very broad in what you do hence why am currently doing a foundation diploma in art and design.

they said the interview was the coolest thing. its informal and you can talk. but to get the interview you need to have a personal statement that is differant and your referance needs to be spot on.

he then told me he put a variety of work into the e-portfolio that he had then he got the interview and got in. :biggrin:

sooooo good luck to you all and hope that you all get in. if you have any questions or anything let me know and i could ask my friends for advice etc.
Reply 15
I'm also applying for that course and that one only! I really want to see what the competition is like too! The photography on your facebook page is wonderful Emma! Seriously lovely! Mine is facebook.com/rosielowephotography if youre nosey like I am and want to see other people's stuff! Everyone else let's see your work! Also I was looking at the accommodation and the halls look amazing in comparison to others I have seen! So much pressure ahhhh!
Reply 16
Original post by mollyedge
Hi,
I'm also applying for the fashion photography course for 2014! I've read loads of reviews about it being so strict, I'm more worried about being picked for an interview than the actual interview itself, i have no previous work experience in photography so wondering if they still interview people with high marks/distinctions.
I'm applying for the foundation in styling and photography as well as i've read its easier to get onto with no experience.
Have you all applied yet?

I'm completely the same.. I'm so worried about getting an interview! But I've applied already just waiting for my UCAS to be verified by my referees. Hopefully my personal statement will be good enough..... I haven't got any proper experience, I've done small time things like did photography for my friend's band, weddings and baby photos. I come from Norfolk though, I live in a small village so it's super hard to get anything fashion related without travelling miles :frown:
Reply 17
Original post by rosielowe
I'm also applying for that course and that one only! I really want to see what the competition is like too! The photography on your facebook page is wonderful Emma! Seriously lovely! Mine is facebook.com/rosielowephotography if youre nosey like I am and want to see other people's stuff! Everyone else let's see your work! Also I was looking at the accommodation and the halls look amazing in comparison to others I have seen! So much pressure ahhhh!

Your work is seriously cool! The concepts are sweet :smile: It is so much pressure!! I just love the fact its in London! Think of all the oppurtunity as well as all the resource the actual uni gives!!
Reply 18
Hi guys, I'm applying for BA fashion photography at London college of fashion too! super scared
Reply 19
hi,

has anybody had an interview or had to send an online portfolio yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending