The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Official University of the Arts London 2023 Applicants Thread

Hello and welcome to the discussion thread for UAL applicants for 2023 entry! Chat with other applicants, find out who's getting offers and maybe get to know people who'll be on your course.

Some icebreaker questions:
1 - What course are you applying for?
2 - What A-levels or equivalent are you taking?
3 - Why UAL?
4 - What other unis are you applying for?

Hub for all uni applicants' threads: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7253776
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi! might be too early here :wink:
I'm an int IB student applying for graphic design this year. Currently hoping to apply for LCCs and CSMs undergrad degrees (depends on the state of my portfolio by November) but I'll also be applying to the foundation courses outside UCAS. I'm currently focused on developing my portfolio. As for other unis, I'll also apply to Goldsmiths, GSA, and Kingston. I'm applying to LASALLES and NAFA in Singapore and two unis in the states tho they're just backups as they're too far and too expensive. UAL is still my first choice.

Good luck to all applicants :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
What course are you applying for? Graphic & Media Design/Graphic Design Communication
What A-levels or equivalent are you taking? Art, Maths, Chemistry
Why UAL? The creative freedom (and reputation) and it’s in London!
What other unis are you applying for? NTU, Loughborough
Hi!! I am applying in Dec for the BA in industrial and product design!
I am an IB student who takes HL Design Tech, Business, English lit and lang. SL Chemistry, Math AA and Spanish ab.
Ual is my top choice as It has the most appealing product design course! especially since its at CSM, central London, and UAL offers a more creative, artsy course.
I am also applying to the University of Loughborough, the University of Edinburgh, the University of Leeds and Nottingham Trent all for a BA in product design. However, UAL is my top choice!

Goodluck to all applicants!
Hey, i'm applying to ual this year but I haven't taken art in hs. I do have a portfolio and have done art outside school for almost 10 years tho. Will this affect my chances of getting in
whats the acceptance rate like for ba courses (non fashion)
Original post by 3ggfriedrice
What course are you applying for? Graphic & Media Design/Graphic Design Communication
What A-levels or equivalent are you taking? Art, Maths, Chemistry
Why UAL? The creative freedom (and reputation) and it’s in London!
What other unis are you applying for? NTU, Loughborough

Have you done a diploma course/ are you applying for a foundation diploma too?
Original post by Anonymous
Hey, i'm applying to ual this year but I haven't taken art in hs. I do have a portfolio and have done art outside school for almost 10 years tho. Will this affect my chances of getting in

I don't think so! I am also applying to UAL and I only did Design tech in school, I did art out of school and also have worked on my portfolio
Reply 8
Original post by Chiara16
I don't think so! I am also applying to UAL and I only did Design tech in school, I did art out of school and also have worked on my portfolio

cool! where are you from?
Question for people who've applied to an MA course at UAL. Did the video task require you to record your face while speaking or were you able to talk while something else is being displayed? E.g a slideshow or GIF.
Reply 10
Hey, does anyone know if UALs applications are rolling? Like a first come first serve basis? Because from what I’ve read on other student room threads, decisions have come much later regardless of how early people applied. Anyone have any information on this?
(edited 1 year ago)
Hello all! I hope you'll all have a wonderful application process for UAL. I am an international student looking forward to graduate from my Media and Visual Arts BA and apply to MA in Graphic Media Design / Design for Art Direction. I was wondering whether the applications will start soon? It seems there is only a month left until December 14th which is the first deadline for Round 1. Will UAL give us enough time to fulfill the applications?
Original post by Gkan136
Hey
I am applying for fashion marketing and I sent in my application at the end of oct
Also applied to Manchester , man met , Leeds and NTU and received offers from both manchesters

Hey
I've also applied for fashion marketing. Have you looked into accommodation because im so stuck on what to choose when the time comes?!
This university has become a place only for activism, not genuine art.
hey, has anyone to the csm diagnostic foundation course yet? I applied really early in like October but it's been over a month with still no portfolio request

is it normal for it to take this long? I'm worried I might have filled my application form wrong 😕
Reply 15
Hey I have looked at a few and at the open day they said there were 2 new ones in Stratford near the new building but obviously we aren’t guaranteed to get out first choice and considering the whole of lcf will try to get the ones closest ,
So I did look at some of the ones more central like the high line building I think it is , it’s zone 1 so I think it’s 20/30 mins on the tube so I am definitely considering that

Original post by beawolfenden
Hey
I've also applied for fashion marketing. Have you looked into accommodation because im so stuck on what to choose when the time comes?!
Reply 16
Hey pls let me know when you get a request
What grades u applied with?
Hello!
I'm applying for BA Product and Industrial Design at CSM and BA Product and Furniture Design at Chelsea College of Art & Design. I sent my UCAS applications 2 weeks ago and I am waiting for a reply asking for my portfolio which I am still making. My friend applied for BA Graphic Design in CSM and LCC and has gotten a reply asking for his portfolio in a week's time despite applying at the same day. Is Product Design busier than Graphic Design in terms of applications or was my friend just really lucky? (In order, I am predicted AAB in Biology, Eng Lit, and Prod Des)

I am currently studying Product Design, English Literature, and Biology for my A levels. I chose CSM and Chelsea because I am currently living in London and don't want to live too far from home, but I also want to live alone for Uni.
My five choices are: CSM, Chelsea, Coventry, Nottingham Trent, and University of East London.

Does anyone know the acceptance rate for BA Product and Industrial design and BA Product and Furniture design?
Also, how difficult are interviews for UAL Universities? Are there things I could do to prepare myself in advance?
(edited 1 year ago)
I’m also applying for product and industrial design! i haven’t submitted my UCAS yet because i thought we get portfolio requests after 10 days, that’s what they said when i emailed them. So i thought i should apply once i’ve finished my portfolio, however i am planning to apply december 10!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending