The Student Room Group

Chemistry Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chemistryIH
Sort of, it says your are going to have an interview at tis college instead of the one you applied to. But its not an official invitation. Yesterday morning. It's a bit of strange situation I've basically been pooled before interview

That's odd... But you still got an interview! And most of the people who have been pooled to another college will end up loving their college so you don't haven to worry :smile:
I'm still waiting for those emails and it's torturing me! :")

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bookler_Natsu
That's odd... But you still got an interview! And most of the people who have been pooled to another college will end up loving their college so you don't haven to worry :smile:
I'm still waiting for those emails and it's torturing me! :")

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I'm actually very happy with the college I've been sent to so all is good! Ahh, I'm sure you'll hear soon. Which college?
Original post by Lethe07
It was fine really! Nothing to be scared about haha :smile:
Now just waiting for a response... Hopefully an offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile

yo have u heard bak from UCL yet?
Original post by Coral Reafs
hey man, did UCL send u a letter for the offer or email? or was it straight on UCAS?

did ur portico update too?

They did indicate they were making me an offer via letter first, and then UCAS updated, and then a few minutes after, I got an email saying my portico has been updated.
Original post by geor
When I went they said pretty much everyone would get an offer :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's good to hear. Do you mind if I ask how it went? And the interview? :smile:
Original post by chemistryIH
Yeah I'm actually very happy with the college I've been sent to so all is good! Ahh, I'm sure you'll hear soon. Which college?

hopefully... Quite a few people have received interview on the oxford thread so I'm very worried. And I've applied to Lincoln :smile: seems like not many people have applied to there though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an interview from st Edmund hall oxford!!! Not from the college I applied to but oh well, at least I got an interview!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 587
Got offer interviews for York and Leeds, and an offer from Loughborough of ABB for the Msci.. But nothing from Bristol or Bath yet ;( annoying since there probably going to be my firm and insurance. I think my applications a bit on edge for Bristol, they emailed me saying they ,may take long to get back to me due to the number of good applicants, and that they may leave it to the deadline.. hmm
Reply 588
Just received an interview from Keble college, Oxford! :dance:
I have received an interview for chemical physics at UCL....on the 4th of Feb, lul. I guess i was slightly too late for the november ones.

In other news all my other choices (imperial, bristol, manchester, nottingham) have acknowledged my application but not said anything else.
Still waiting for some news from Cardiff and Durham... I see quite a few people have offers from them already... Have they forgotten me or preparing to reject me? :")

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bookler_Natsu
Still waiting for some news from Cardiff and Durham... I see quite a few people have offers from them already... Have they forgotten me or preparing to reject me? :")

Posted from TSR Mobile

As far as I know, there's only been one person on here who's had an offer from Durham. I know I haven't! Cardiff I've not been keeping up with so I'm not so sure.
Reply 592
Original post by Gotzz
Just received an interview from Keble college, Oxford! :dance:

Well done! We should so organise a TSR meet up in Oxford!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Interview at Hertford College, Oxford! so excited !
Reply 594
Offers from York Bristol and Warwick, and an interview at Keble College Oxford! :smile:
Reply 595
Original post by GloriaRosetto
Interview at Hertford College, Oxford! so excited !

Congrats!

Original post by Kmonster
Offers from York Bristol and Warwick, and an interview at Keble College Oxford! :smile:

Awesome, see you at Keble! Just realised you're my competition :redface:
I still haven't heard from Warwick!
Reply 596
Has anybody heard from St.Catherine's, i cant take the tension of the waiting especially ow everybody seems to be getting interview emails! :smile:
Interview at Magdalen College, Oxford on Sunday 8th till Tuesday/Wednesday. Worried and excited!:confused::teeth:
Original post by sophiebk
Has anyone been to an applicant day at Birmingham? I have mine on the 4th and was wondering if anyone had any tips or advice for the interview part? Like is it mainly chemistry questions or personal statement questions etc.
Thanks!

had my applicant day on wednesday! Its absolutely fine and actually a really fun day! the interview is literally an informal chat, mine went so quickly! just make sure you know what you have put in your personal statement but its nothing to worry about and everyone they invite to the applicant day gets an offer anyway!!
Doubt was starting to grow but interview at Wadham, Oxford ! :eek:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending