The McDonalds Thread Mk II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Hey can anyone tell me what a pay review is do I actually get a pay rise? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by B0bzie

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's a performance review, you get 2 a year, one includes a pay review. There's 5 sections were you get a score of 1-4, where 4 is the best. The average of all this is taken and is rounded up, whatever this number is depends on what pay rise you get. I can't remember the exact percentages for each one though. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 182
Ah ok thank you :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by B0bzie

Posted from TSR Mobile

You get two reviews per year, one in March and one in September, the only in September is the "pay" review as it's the only one which can affect you rate of pay. You're assessed throughout work in 5 "personal attributes" which are Teamwork, Accuracy, Personal Interaction, Speed and Customer Engagement, which are all rated out of 4. You need a 3 or 4 to get a pay rise, I believe if your overall rating is a 3 you get a 2% pay rise and if it's a 4 you get a 4.5% pay rise but someone should correct me on this if this isn't the case.
Reply 184
Original post by martynsteel
You get two reviews per year, one in March and one in September, the only in September is the "pay" review as it's the only one which can affect you rate of pay. You're assessed throughout work in 5 "personal attributes" which are Teamwork, Accuracy, Personal Interaction, Speed and Customer Engagement, which are all rated out of 4. You need a 3 or 4 to get a pay rise, I believe if your overall rating is a 3 you get a 2% pay rise and if it's a 4 you get a 4.5% pay rise but someone should correct me on this if this isn't the case.

Anyone know how long they take to grade? I'll have 1-2 months depending when in Sept it occurs :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Shorty94
I'm going to have to disagree with you there. Personally, front counter do a fair old amount of work because you're having to pull all your drinks, collect all your food together for your customer as well as ensuring everything is stocked up sufficiently.

Then, if it isn't, you have to go to the stock room/chiller/freezer/shed to get whatever you need out as well as making sure the floor is swept, mopped, the sides are cleaned and the machines are tidy.

I agree that front counter is tiring as hell we do so much work as you have listed. Sometimes I think maybe kitchen would be nice but I like talking to customers etc.
Never underestimate how tiring it is trying to be polite to customers for 8 odd hours! Especially when some of them are pricks and you're repeatedly saying the same phrases over and over and over...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello everybody, I'm new to this website and forgive me if i don't reply or anything. I just wanted to know am 17 and have been offered two DIFFERENT mcdonald shops. Firstly, would they be aware I have two different shops interviewing me? And I also wanted to know.. How much would I be getting paided roughly like everyweek? what would it add up to? thank you!
Original post by AnnaYasmina
Hello everybody, I'm new to this website and forgive me if i don't reply or anything. I just wanted to know am 17 and have been offered two DIFFERENT mcdonald shops. Firstly, would they be aware I have two different shops interviewing me? And I also wanted to know.. How much would I be getting paided roughly like everyweek? what would it add up to? thank you!

they may be aware, they may not. Sometimes shops are part of the same franchise and are just looking to see where you'd fit in best.

Also, if you're like the majority, you'd get paid fortnightly and it'd all depend on the amount of hours you did within the time scale.
Reply 189
Original post by curved
Anyone know how long they take to grade? I'll have 1-2 months depending when in Sept it occurs :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You won't get a pay review until next September unfortunately. You'll get a different PR which you get within your first 3 months, then you'll get your next in February/March.
Original post by Antifazian
Never underestimate how tiring it is trying to be polite to customers for 8 odd hours! Especially when some of them are pricks and you're repeatedly saying the same phrases over and over and over...

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's like on drive thru I was on window the other day, and said something like 'everything's in the bag for you' and my manager turned round and asked how many times I said that in the time I've been working there....

The thing that annoys me the most is when you say 'straw and napkins are in the bag for you'

'Can I have a straw?'

Just because I work at McDonalds doesn't mean I'm not worth listening to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone else do the thing where if someone doesn't say 'please' they really overenunciate their pleases and thank yous?

Yesterday:

Customer: Big Mac
*awkward pause*
Me: Is that as a meal, sir?
Customer: No, just by itself.
Me: Okay, that'll be £2.99, *please*.... *thank you*... here you go, *thank you*!

Also, seriously, why do people think it's okay to just drop the paper things from the straws on the floor? There is a little bin on the counter where the straw dispenser is and lots of big ones around... grrrr.
Original post by RibenaRockstar
Does anyone else do the thing where if someone doesn't say 'please' they really overenunciate their pleases and thank yous?

Yesterday:

Customer: Big Mac
*awkward pause*
Me: Is that as a meal, sir?
Customer: No, just by itself.
Me: Okay, that'll be £2.99, *please*.... *thank you*... here you go, *thank you*!

Also, seriously, why do people think it's okay to just drop the paper things from the straws on the floor? There is a little bin on the counter where the straw dispenser is and lots of big ones around... grrrr.

Not necessarily thank yous, but yeah :tongue:

Ill be on window and they'll just take everything off me, then just mumble 'straw' or 'curry'

So I start going 'oh curry sauce? Yeah there you go!' 'Okay cya later' pretty much shouting 'bye!' As they drive off :tongue:

Yesterday I was taking orders, but this car was dead far away from the speaker, and it was the passenger ordering, so I couldn't quite make out what she was saying, so I repeated the order back to her and half way through she just started going 'milkshake, milkshake! MILKSHAKE! YOU'VE NOT GOT A MILKSHAKE!'

And I still won't unless you tell me what flavour you want.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SortYourLife
Not necessarily thank yous, but yeah :tongue:

Ill be on window and they'll just take everything off me, then just mumble 'straw' or 'curry'

So I start going 'oh curry sauce? Yeah there you go!' 'Okay cya later' pretty much shouting 'bye!' As they drive off :tongue:

Yesterday I was taking orders, but this car was dead far away from the speaker, and it was the passenger ordering, so I couldn't quite make out what she was saying, so I repeated the order back to her and half way through she just started going 'milkshake, milkshake! MILKSHAKE! YOU'VE NOT GOT A MILKSHAKE!'

And I still won't unless you tell me what flavour you want.....

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wanna be a crew trainer, but I'm dreading the service star and training, because that means I'll have to be nice to rude public!
Original post by Tomawilding
I wanna be a crew trainer, but I'm dreading the service star and training, because that means I'll have to be nice to rude public!

Aha I want to be a crew trainer but bit scared of kitchen :tongue:

I do want to get in there though and I've asked and asked and asked :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't be scared of kitchen, they suddenly decided to train me on it last night after being there almost a year and I loved it, such a relief from having to deal with customers, especially as it was a Friday overnight shift!

I found making the burgers quite fun haha and kitchen is very social which makes the shift go so much quicker.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Antifazian
Don't be scared of kitchen, they suddenly decided to train me on it last night after being there almost a year and I loved it, such a relief from having to deal with customers, especially as it was a Friday overnight shift!

I found making the burgers quite fun haha and kitchen is very social which makes the shift go so much quicker.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wish they did that with me aha, I've done a bit of chicken side before , but I do want to be proper trained on it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kitchen is the best becuase we can have a laugh! You wait till you get stuck by yourself on grill on a Friday evening!
Reply 198
Sooo I got fired today :/
Original post by S4LM4N
Sooo I got fired today :/

Awwwwww :frown: what happened?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending