The Student Room Group

The McDonalds Thread Mk II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrBuck
Great news for him, hope the stress doesn't kill him :tongue: Do you work in the same store by any chance?

We do yeah :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stacks
Slowly losing the will to live (as if working at McD's isn't bad enough) :wink: all I've done for the past month is initiate on BOP. Almost walked out today when the BM had a rant at my side since DT was having to park every order. Meanwhile 3 managers on grill side and all of their crew just standing talking.
Those mayo chickens have completely ruined BOP. The company is dulisional with all of the promo stuff they keep giving to BOP to deal with. If grillside got given anywhere near the same amount (currently at 5 - BLC, S/C Mayo, Cajun Wrap, Cajun Deli, Ranch S/Wrap) the whole kitchen would be chaos.

Basically fml for having a BOP team of 2.5 people, two screens full of orders and DT and my BM going crazy. Also, screw everyone who asks for food when it gets like that.

"How long on a chilli deli?"
*scowl*

Are you already a crew trainer or is this additional?

This is to become a crew trainer. I think it's because they've added all the vital ingredients things and changed all the SOCs. I don't really know tbh but oh well :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1982
Original post by SortYourLife
This is to become a crew trainer. I think it's because they've added all the vital ingredients things and changed all the SOCs. I don't really know tbh but oh well :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Makes sense! The whole vital ingredients thing seems a bit naff to me. Saw you said you were getting an all new uniform though and was getting jealous though :tongue:
Original post by Stacks
Makes sense! The whole vital ingredients thing seems a bit naff to me. Saw you said you were getting an all new uniform though and was getting jealous though :tongue:

Yeah I don't really get it aha, like fair enough if you are a new starter it sorta makes sense, but for people who already work there nothing's really been said to us about them or explained them. We've just all been doing what we always have done and getting on with our jobs :tongue:

Yeah, gave sizes yesterday, she's not decided weather to give us new hats yet (although I personally don't see the point) and possibly getting pens too :')

Were getting tests each week too by the sounds of it. Got one of Sunday on the first 5 SOCs, so health and safety, hygiene and food safety, security, the customer experience (which I've never heard of before :tongue: ) and another one I can't remember :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1984
Yeah I don't really get it aha, like fair enough if you are a new starter it sorta makes sense, but for people who already work there nothing's really been said to us about them or explained them. We've just all been doing what we always have done and getting on with our jobs :tongue:

Yeah, gave sizes yesterday, she's not decided weather to give us new hats yet (although I personally don't see the point) and possibly getting pens too :')

Were getting tests each week too by the sounds of it. Got one of Sunday on the first 5 SOCs, so health and safety, hygiene and food safety, security, the customer experience (which I've never heard of before :tongue: ) and another one I can't remember :s

Posted from TSR Mobile

The customer experience one recently replaced the hospitality one. And cleanliness will be the one you're missing :p:

We need more crew trainers in my store! We've only got 5, and 2 of them are getting promoted to manager this month so that leaves us with 3. I'm in charge of training just now, and it's making my life difficult :') It doesn't help that there's only other 4 fully trained crew, 1 who just couldn't ever be promoted, 2 who are fantastic when they're in, but keep turning up late and no showing, and 1 who I'd say is probably the best bet, but he only does one shift a week haha. There is a few who just do front counter who'd be good, but it's getting the time to train them up in kitchen..
Reply 1985

Hope one of you does't get transferred, that's what happened in our store one person in a couple became a manager.
Original post by MrBuck
Hope one of you does't get transferred, that's what happened in our store one person in a couple became a manager.

I don't think I would, considering our bm was with two of the crew before.. Long story with that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really enjoyed working since starting however many months ago. Is it possible to become a crew trainer who is part time? I'm part time doing 2 evening shifts and an overnight a week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have an OJE & Interview on Wednesday - quite nervous but not too bad! Just curious to see what actually happens at these and what are my chances of getting a job? They said the whole thing should last around 30 minutes.
Original post by WestCountryLaLa
Really enjoyed working since starting however many months ago. Is it possible to become a crew trainer who is part time? I'm part time doing 2 evening shifts and an overnight a week.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing it and I tend to do 3 shifts a week, weekends and either a Wednesday/ Friday night. So yeah go for it :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ronda
The customer experience one recently replaced the hospitality one. And cleanliness will be the one you're missing :p:

We need more crew trainers in my store! We've only got 5, and 2 of them are getting promoted to manager this month so that leaves us with 3. I'm in charge of training just now, and it's making my life difficult :') It doesn't help that there's only other 4 fully trained crew, 1 who just couldn't ever be promoted, 2 who are fantastic when they're in, but keep turning up late and no showing, and 1 who I'd say is probably the best bet, but he only does one shift a week haha. There is a few who just do front counter who'd be good, but it's getting the time to train them up in kitchen..

Ah yes cleanliness :tongue:
So if anyone wants to test me feel free :tongue:

Tbh I still don't really know kitchen that well. I know what to do but I've just really not been in there enough to practice it.

Since having my interview at the start of august, the training manager left a few weeks after (not through choice), we got a completely new guy, who is now leaving to be an assistant manager at Aldi :tongue: so were at a disadvantage of not knowing who our training manager is.

Out of the 5 from our store id say 2 of us are fully trained. The other 3 of us (including me) know how to do kitchen but don't really do it. I know I wouldn't feel confident running it.

Have started cashing up tills though, yeah it can be pretty boring, but I like it :')

We don't have many crew trainers, definitely less than 10, but probably about 7?

How come one guy can't ever get promoted if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1991
So annoyed that the schedule is always left to the last minute, it's impossible to plan anything. Would love a job with contacted hours /:
Original post by MrBuck
So annoyed that the schedule is always left to the last minute, it's impossible to plan anything. Would love a job with contacted hours /:

I know how you feel. Annoyed at the moment though, been told to take it easy when I go back to work due to my foot operation and I've been scheduled a near on 10 hour shift next Saturday, alongside working Tuesday, Friday and Sunday.

Plus I've been given a shift outside my a availability..again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Whose idea was free fruit Friday?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1994
Thanks to the person who replied to my post :-)

I've had 6 shifts at McDonald's between 7 to 10 hours each. How long am I still considered a 'trainee'? (I broke the trainee badge on my name tag and the only thing that's holding it together is celotape, haha) :biggrin:
Reply 1995
Original post by Shorty94
I know how you feel. Annoyed at the moment though, been told to take it easy when I go back to work due to my foot operation and I've been scheduled a near on 10 hour shift next Saturday, alongside working Tuesday, Friday and Sunday.

Plus I've been given a shift outside my a availability..again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Take it easy, don't over do it and hurt your self. I have some complaints about the schedule for this week for example there's no one scheduled on the front sunday after 21:00 and i'm on front close finishing then I assume the projections are £0 :tongue:
Is it worth applying here for a summer position? I'm wiling to work loads of hours!!
Original post by neal95
Is it worth applying here for a summer position? I'm wiling to work loads of hours!!

I know someone I went to high school/ college did last summer, started work in like May/ June I think then left to go to uni. Don't know weather he plans on coming back this summer, but out of all the people that left for uni, I think only one or two still work with us.

I'd say go for it, but maybe make your intentions clear if you get an interview. You might still get the job, but just means they don't have to waste time training you on everything if you're only going to do it for a couple of months.

If you can, think about doing full time over summer then going part time after that, even if it's just one shift a week or something, McDonalds tend to be pretty flexible with peoples needs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know someone I went to high school/ college did last summer, started work in like May/ June I think then left to go to uni. Don't know weather he plans on coming back this summer, but out of all the people that left for uni, I think only one or two still work with us.

I'd say go for it, but maybe make your intentions clear if you get an interview. You might still get the job, but just means they don't have to waste time training you on everything if you're only going to do it for a couple of months.

If you can, think about doing full time over summer then going part time after that, even if it's just one shift a week or something, McDonalds tend to be pretty flexible with peoples needs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the prompt reply! Yes I was thinking of doing full time if they give me a position and when I go to uni doing a couple of shifts a week as I currently do 10 in a different job and find that manageable however it's far to travel and in summer I want to do as many hours as possible
The store I work at is going through a major refurbishment and apparently we're getting self service machines! And we're a dual lane on drive thru, and grill side is going to become the same style as chicken, how would that work?

Does anyone else work in a store like that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending