The Student Room Group

The McDonalds Thread Mk II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by curved
Lol I still do really like it y manager just really pissed me off by having a go at me for crap that wouldn't have happened if he hasn't put me on my own :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Most of the managers are dicks, at least you've learnt quickly :tongue:
Quick question...

So I asked the other girl to swap shifts with me but by the time I asked the manager that you have to authorize swapping shifts already left. I only work once a week (Saturdays, abit pointless I know) but now i won't see him until next Saturday which is the day where I swapped shifts. I sent a message on McTime but he hasn't replied. Should I be worried? If I don't get a reply do I just turn up normal time, covering the other girls shift, is there anything else I can do?

(Btw both our shifts are on the same day, it's just that the times are different, 8 - 4, the one im now doing and 12 - 9, my original)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lightthefuze
Quick question...

So I asked the other girl to swap shifts with me but by the time I asked the manager that you have to authorize swapping shifts already left. I only work once a week (Saturdays, abit pointless I know) but now i won't see him until next Saturday which is the day where I swapped shifts. I sent a message on McTime but he hasn't replied. Should I be worried? If I don't get a reply do I just turn up normal time, covering the other girls shift, is there anything else I can do?

(Btw both our shifts are on the same day, it's just that the times are different, 8 - 4, the one im now doing and 12 - 9, my original)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Get the number for your branch off google and ring it, you'll get put through to the office
Reply 383
Original post by MrJamez
Yep, mine is under 2 weeks time for the exact same reason.

What's an OJE if you don't mind me asking?

17 years old and Team Member.

You wouldn't have an idea would you?

I'm the same age as you and have the same job role. But I work in a franchised store and get paid £4.35
Original post by NeonV
I'm the same age as you and have the same job role. But I work in a franchised store and get paid £4.35

I work in a company store and that's what I get paid too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 385
Original post by MrJamez

17 years old and Team Member.

You wouldn't have an idea would you?

16 and team member here; I work for a franchise with seven stores and get £4.50 an hour

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 386
Original post by MrSupernova
Most of the managers are dicks, at least you've learnt quickly :tongue:

Haha I heckled a manager to give me a mcflurry for my journey home as I was made to start 15 mins early instead of chilling in the crew room lol and my till was £1 up :tongue: but yeah it's mainly just my BM that is -_-

I had one guy who's working as a manager but doesn't get the uniform etc til he comes back off holiday (he leaves soon) tell me my till was just under £25 down after cashing up yesterday completely serious. Gave me a seizure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
16 and 17 year olds in my franchise start on £4/hr, and 18-20 year olds on £4.99.
Original post by RibenaRockstar
This happens to me too. When it's busy my BM likes to 'help' and the hovering really puts me off.

I know what you mean lol! When i first started on tills my BM hovered over me whilst i was taking an order and it really put me off haha. Does anyone else just try and look for things to do as soon as they see their BM out of the office :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have an interview with McDonalds tomorrow. It says OJE / interview, but it seems to just be 15 minutes long, so it it most likely just an interview? I have already been looking through the thread but whenever I am trying to find something I never seem to be able to - what sort of questions are they likely to ask? My brother works in a different McDonalds store but wasn't really asked questions at his interview - it was around 2 minutes long and he got the job really easily. I don't know if this store will be as straight forward as that.

I'm assuming they might ask the usual things like why you want the job, experience, what you're doing apart from the job (such as uni etc?).

Thanks (:
Reply 390
Original post by MermaidMotel
I have an interview with McDonalds tomorrow. It says OJE / interview, but it seems to just be 15 minutes long, so it it most likely just an interview? I have already been looking through the thread but whenever I am trying to find something I never seem to be able to - what sort of questions are they likely to ask? My brother works in a different McDonalds store but wasn't really asked questions at his interview - it was around 2 minutes long and he got the job really easily. I don't know if this store will be as straight forward as that.

I'm assuming they might ask the usual things like why you want the job, experience, what you're doing apart from the job (such as uni etc?).

Thanks (:

I had an interview today, no OJE though. Took about 10 minutes in total before I was asked to come back on Friday for a trial.

I was asked why I want to work at Mcdonalds, what I see myself doing in the future, what my strengths are/what would I bring to the 'team', and what I enjoy doing in my spare time.. That was about it. Also complimented me on my very average GCSEs?

But yeah, he guy who interview me was really nice and very laid back. I panicked a little at one of the questions as my mind went black, but he could see that I was nervous. Still gave me a two day trial, though!

Look really keen/interested in what the interviewers saying, and SMILE.

Good luck.
Reply 391
What does the 'on hold' status mean? Anyone?
Reply 392
Original post by zozinga
What does the 'on hold' status mean? Anyone?

I think in hold is when your application has been saved for a later vacancy I'm in the same position at the minute, three rejected applications, one considering, and one on hold!
Thank you (:

I applied to the same store a few months back and was put "On Hold", I was unsuccessful though.
Reply 394
Well I got my interview booked in a few weeks, and I check online on application status and it says closed along with the others over the month. I realise that they removed the page tho so no 1 cud apply. is that how its meant to be lol? I would also appreciate any useful tips for interview thanks.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 395
Original post by phippsyc
I think in hold is when your application has been saved for a later vacancy I'm in the same position at the minute, three rejected applications, one considering, and one on hold!

Good luck :smile:

The guy who interviewed me invited me for a 2 day trial, so I'm slightly confused as to what he's wanting from me now... Also mentioned something about making me a customer care assistant instead of a crew member? That might be the reason it's 'on hold'...

Thanks!
Reply 396
How do breaks work? Like, how many breaks do you get per shift? Does it depend on the amount of hours you work?
Original post by zozinga
How do breaks work? Like, how many breaks do you get per shift? Does it depend on the amount of hours you work?

Tends to be one, but yes it varies on the length of shift.

I think it's 5 or under you get 30 minutes
Between 5-10 45 minutes,

And then I don't know above that :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
How do seasonal transfers work? I currently work in a store in Birmingham, and next year I hope to go to Swansea University and want to work there during term times? I'm a fully trained customer care assistant (previously a crew member) so I think I could be useful? Thanks
Original post by SortYourLife
Tends to be one, but yes it varies on the length of shift.

I think it's 5 or under you get 30 minutes
Between 5-10 45 minutes,

And then I don't know above that :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

Above ten it is one 40minute break and then one 20 minute break!But when I did that long 18hr shift, I only got one!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending