The Student Room Group

The McDonalds Thread Mk II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blogman12
Hey, my manager came up to me and offered me an apprenticeship at McDonald's. Is it possible to do part time caus I'm always prioritising my A-Levels first.

Yeah it's possible to do, if you've got maths and English gcses in the last two years grade a* - c you don't need to do those, and you get paid to do everything else when you're in work. Tbh you might as well, means you get trained everywhere (if you aren't already) and you get an nvq level two in hospitality.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can you see who you're working with on my schedule like you could on mctime?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1382
Original post by hannapoole

Posted from TSR Mobile

My stores not live yet but I remember from the training you should be able to view the floor plan.
Anyone else on new people stuff instead of Mctime ?😐

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hannapoole

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Click the day rather than the time :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got the job!
Just waiting on an email so I can book my welcome meeting. Does anyone know how long that will take? I've filled in my bank details info request on the website.
I hope it's not too long, I need to put my notice in!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1388
Cungrats
Wich oneare u going to?
If u already fill the bank details, very shortly u will recieve the appointement metting e-mail

Posted from TSR Mobile
Had my welcome meeting yesterday! Just waiting to find out when I start - scheduling manager is going to call me this afternoon!
Original post by charmedlassie
Got the job!
Just waiting on an email so I can book my welcome meeting. Does anyone know how long that will take? I've filled in my bank details info request on the website.
I hope it's not too long, I need to put my notice in!

Congratulations! :biggrin:
Reply 1391
Don't suppose I can be cheeky again (I seem to do this every six weeks hehe) and ask what the promo side is this time round? Wedges? Cheers in advance
Reply 1392
Original post by Wezzo
Don't suppose I can be cheeky again (I seem to do this every six weeks hehe) and ask what the promo side is this time round? Wedges? Cheers in advance

wedges & mozzarella dippers (apparently the first time there have ever been 2 promo sides at the same time, fascinatingly enough :wink:)
Original post by kinder24
Cungrats
Wich oneare u going to?
If u already fill the bank details, very shortly u will recieve the appointement metting e-mail

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! It's Chester 2.
Seems like everyone gets on well and it's quite a busy place so should get plenty of hours!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1394
Original post by kasten
wedges & mozzarella dippers (apparently the first time there have ever been 2 promo sides at the same time, fascinatingly enough :wink:)

Cheers kasten. I love me some mozz dippers so that's a pleasant surprise!
definitely gonna have to get the promo flurry on my break....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Should I get paid if I go to a crew meeting? Only I spent two hours sat in one last night and it would be quite nice to have been paid for it.
Found out my shift for FOR, gonna be on tills on a 6-4. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Used my discount card for the first time today. McDonald's tastes a lot nicer when it's not covered in sweat and tears from being on shift 5 hours :colondollar:
Reply 1399
I've applied for various jobs for McDonald's and never heard anything back but i got a phone call this morning about an interview she asked me about the times i could work and asked me questions like 'why do you want to work for McDonald's' and 'what do you think happens at McDonald's' and asked me if i could do full time when i weren't in college. she then told me that my answers would be passed on to her manager and if i was successful i would be invited in to the store. I then received the email about coming in to the store to do an OJE and have another interview.

what do they ask? And what happens on the OJE?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending