The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Bad Nottingham Halls? (Jubilee)

I currently have an offer for Jubilee campus in Nottingham and am on the waiting list for University Campus. I've met a few people who have said their friends/brothers were at Nottingham university and didn't have a great first year because they were in 'bad' halls that were 'far away from everything' but they didn't know which halls these were unfortunately.

Are Jubilee halls far away from everything?
Does anyone have any experience with Jubilee Halls?
Is having halls further away from the main campus bad?
What are the chances that I will get my place at University Campus.

Any help is much appreciated!
Reply 1
Original post by Dude Ranch
I currently have an offer for Jubilee campus in Nottingham and am on the waiting list for University Campus. I've met a few people who have said their friends/brothers were at Nottingham university and didn't have a great first year because they were in 'bad' halls that were 'far away from everything' but they didn't know which halls these were unfortunately.

Are Jubilee halls far away from everything?
Does anyone have any experience with Jubilee Halls?
Is having halls further away from the main campus bad?
What are the chances that I will get my place at University Campus.

Any help is much appreciated!

The Jubilee Halls are on Jubilee Campus, so about 2 minutes walk to meal, 3 to the nearest library, 3 to the nearest shop, 2 to Starbucks, 3 to the Sports Centre. There is a free Hopper Bus service which runs every 15 minutes from early in the morning until 11pm, and takes about 5 minutes to get to University Park.

The campus is expanding as well, so more Schools/Departments are going to Jubilee, there's going to be a new open student building project starting there soon, more students' union services are making their way over, and there's additional outlets of Student Services and other University services out there, as well as the International Office, which is only based at Jubilee.

The halls themselves are more modern than the University Park halls - they were built and furbished a lot more recently and have all the social areas, bar space, catering etc as on UP.

I studied computer science on Jubilee whilst living on UP (I couldn't afford en-suite). Loads of my friends lived on Jubilee or in Raleigh which is off-campus a few mins walk from Jubilee. They got just as involved in clubs/societies, volunteering and so on in the students' union, and enjoyed just the same nightlife as us on UP. So I certainly wouldn't say it's bad.

No idea on chances of getting UP accommodation.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending