The Student Room Group

Results Question

Hey guys, my boyfriend got accused of plagiarism this year, and his coursework was submitted with a notification of possible plagiarism (or whatever it's called, i'm unsure, it was a long form). I just wondered if anyone knew if he would have heard by now, if it came back that it was/wasn't plagiarism. I've found several "procedures" online, which say the school should inform you of the outcome.

His exam board was AQA. All of his a levels were taken through this exam board too.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place it's just we're stressing out and were wondering.

And good luck to everyone getting results! I was in your position last year and it was not fun :frown:

Btw I know all of the possible outcomes I was just wondering if he would have been notified by now regarding the news.

Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by lifeisred
Hey guys, my boyfriend got accused of plagiarism this year, and his coursework was submitted with a notification of possible plagiarism (or whatever it's called, i'm unsure, it was a long form). I just wondered if anyone knew if he would have heard by now, if it came back that it was/wasn't plagiarism. I've found several "procedures" online, which say the school should inform you of the outcome.

His exam board was AQA. All of his a levels were taken through this exam board too.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place it's just we're stressing out and were wondering.

And good luck to everyone getting results! I was in your position last year and it was not fun :frown:

Btw I know all of the possible outcomes I was just wondering if he would have been notified by now regarding the news.

Thanks!

The school should certainly have passed on the decision from the exam board

In my experience the exam boards usually will make decisions within a week
Reply 2
Original post by TenOfThem
The school should certainly have passed on the decision from the exam board

In my experience the exam boards usually will make decisions within a week

Ahh okay. Stupid college :/

I'll try and encourage the "no news is good news" approach.

Thanks for your help!
Reply 3
Has anyone else been through this or know someone who has? Sorry for the bump! :frown:
Reply 4
please could you tell what happened to him in the end as im in a similar position?
Reply 5
Original post by serser
please could you tell what happened to him in the end as im in a similar position?

How would that help? Someone else being found guilty/innocent will have no effect on your own cheating.
Reply 6
I know but I am worried and am seeking advise from someone who has been through it?
Reply 7
Original post by serser
I know but I am worried and am seeking advise from someone who has been through it?

OP hasn't posted for years. Unlikely they will reply now...

The thread is now closed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending