The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent University (NTU) Clearing thread 2023

Thinking about applying to Nottingham Trent University (NTU) through Clearing for 2023 entry? This is the thread for you.

If you've got any questions about Clearing, or want to meet other NTU applicants, let us know by answering the below:

Which course are you interested in?

Any questions about Clearing?

Useful resources

NTU Priority sign-up to fast-track your Clearing application

YouTube live we're holding a few live events to help with everything you need to know about A-level results day and the Clearing process:

Getting ready for Results Day streamed on Monday 10 July 2023

Advice for parents and carers live at 5 pm on Wednesday 9 August 2023

What to do on A-level results day live at 4.30 pm on Wednesday 16 August 2023

Good luck with your results and thanks for considering NTU!
(edited 9 months ago)
Results day is around the corner so we asked Anna (our Student’s Union President) to share her top tips for results day and Clearing.

If you’re considering applying to NTU through Clearing, sign-up to NTU Priority to skip the Clearing call queue on results day: https://ntu.ac.uk/priority

(edited 8 months ago)
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
We want to wish everyone the best of luck for results day tomorrow! Upon receiving your A-level, BTEC, or other Level 3 results, it's important to remember that these grades should not define your worth. Your hard work has already marked a significant achievement! 🙌

Join us live on YouTube at 4:30 pm today (Wednesday 16 August) to find out everything you need to know about what to expect on results day. Our panel will be on hand to answer your questions, provide guidance, and offer tips to help you prepare, including valuable insights into the Clearing process 📚.

Watch the event on YouTube

If you're contemplating the possibility of applying to NTU through Clearing, our handy guide contains everything you need to know, from what you need to do to prepare - to how to apply and your next steps. Don't forget to jot down our Clearing hotline number: 0115 848 6000.

We're here to assist with any questions you may have!

Best regards,

Jess NTU Representative
Hey everyone :hello: Hope everyone is feeling ok today! If things didn't go as expected yesterday or if you're reconsidering your options, we're here to help with any questions you might have about Clearing or courses at NTU. Remember, your results don't define you!

If you're still looking for your perfect course, our Clearing phone lines are open now until 7 pm today, give us a call on 0115 848 6000 and you can search our courses here.

Let us know if you've got any questions :smile:

Sammie - NTU Rep
Hi everyone! Hope you're all feeling ok after results day and the weekend.

If you're looking for a university place or you've changed your mind, there's still time to apply to NTU through Clearing.

Just call us on 0115 848 6000 to speak to our friendly advisers.

You can also apply to NTU through Clearing via our online application form and find out more about our courses and the Clearing process on our website.

First year students joining us in 2023 are also guaranteed accommodation in Nottingham in their first year. See our website for more details and T&Cs.

We're here to help with any questions you may have :smile:

Sammie - NTU Rep
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 5
Hello,
I am interested in aerospace engineering and got a place through clearing however I couldn't find much information on the course?
Is this a new course you guys have started this year?
quite nervous if it is indeed a new course
Original post by taha123h
Hello,
I am interested in aerospace engineering and got a place through clearing however I couldn't find much information on the course?
Is this a new course you guys have started this year?
quite nervous if it is indeed a new course

Hi @taha123h, thanks for getting in touch!

Aerospace Engineering is a new course for 2023 entry taught by expert lecturers and researchers with extensive aerospace industry experience. The course is part of our established suite of engineering courses. You'll be learning in our world-class facilities in our dedicated Engineering building including our new aircraft lab which houses a fuselage from a actual aircraft.

Although the course is new, at NTU we have an excellent reputation for Engineering, we're in the Top 20 in the UK for teaching quality in General Engineering (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023) and Top 20 in the UK for General Engineering (Complete University Guide 2024.

Our Clearing phone lines are open and our team will be able to help you, just give us a call on 0115 848 6000.

Just let us know if you have any more questions!

Sammie - NTU Rep
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi @taha123h, thanks for getting in touch!

Aerospace Engineering is a new course for 2023 entry taught by expert lecturers and researchers with extensive aerospace industry experience. The course is part of our established suite of engineering courses. You'll be learning in our world-class facilities in our dedicated Engineering building including our new aircraft lab which houses a fuselage from a actual aircraft.

Although the course is new, at NTU we have an excellent reputation for Engineering, we're in the Top 20 in the UK for teaching quality in General Engineering (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023) and Top 20 in the UK for General Engineering (Complete University Guide 2024.

Our Clearing phone lines are open and our team will be able to help you, just give us a call on 0115 848 6000.

Just let us know if you have any more questions!

Sammie - NTU Rep

Worried about the accreditation for the course if I were to do it as I'm not sure what happens if the course doesn't accredited by the IET, as one cohort needs to graduate for accreditation. Is there some form of protect if the course does get accredited?
How likely is it that the course will receive accreditation by the time I graduate.
Plus wont the university not have many aerospace connection or will these branch from other courses as I know mechanical is also somewhat involved with aerospace
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by taha123h
Worried about the accreditation for the course if I were to do it as I'm not sure what happens if the course doesn't accredited by the IET, as one cohort needs to graduate for accreditation. Is there some form of protect if the course does get accredited?
How likely is it that the course will receive accreditation by the time I graduate.
Plus wont the university not have many aerospace connection or will these branch from other courses as I know mechanical is also somewhat involved with aerospace

Hi @Taha123, I've spoken to the team and they have said the accreditation would be backdated to cover everyone who has taken the course. You could get in touch with the Admissions tutor on the course to ask specific questions directly to them if that is helpful, his staff profile is on our website here. If you have applied and have an offer through Clearing it may be the case that you get a phone call today :smile:

Thanks,
Sammie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending