The Student Room Group
University College Birmingham
Birmingham

Questions About Clearing?

Anyone else confused about Clearing?

I know I was, but there’s no need to be. Once you do your research, you’ll find it’s pretty simple!

Clearing is a way to find a place at university and start this September.

Whether you’ve changed your mind about your course or university, haven’t applied yet, or didn’t do as well as you were hoping, you can use Clearing to find a spot at university that’s right for you.

You can simply apply online or call the university hotline to apply for a course you’re interested in.

But I’m sure you may still have some questions about Clearing, like how to prepare or choose your course, how to apply online or make a clearing phone call, so get asking!

I’ll do my best to help you out.
Emily
Student Ambassador at BCU
hey,
do you have any advice on the process for if I do not get the results I expect and if the UCAS points are lower than the initial offer from BCU? would it still be possible to get a place on the same course or a similar course? Furthermore, would I have to wait till I receive my results to get in contact with BCU's clearing?
University College Birmingham
Birmingham
Original post by Anonymous
hey,
do you have any advice on the process for if I do not get the results I expect and if the UCAS points are lower than the initial offer from BCU? would it still be possible to get a place on the same course or a similar course? Furthermore, would I have to wait till I receive my results to get in contact with BCU's clearing?

Hi there,

What course are you applying for? If you search for your chosen course on the link below, you should be able to see if your course if available via Clearing.

https://www.bcu.ac.uk/clearing

You can apply for clearing online before the phone line opens on results day, so if you're ready, I would start applying online.

If your UCAS points/ grades are lower than expected, you still have the chance to get a place on your desired course or something similar, that's what clearing is there for, so try not to worry.

So to answer your last question, no, you don't have to wait for results day to apply for clearing, but if you're still waiting for your results and have applied already for BCU, I would wait until results day to see what grades you receive and if needed, you can give the uni a call to go through clearing.

I hope this makes sense and answers your questions, but feel free to drop me another message if you're still unsure.

Emily
Hi,
I have applied for Primary education with QTS, how would I apply for clearing online? I didn't know I could still do this if I had an offer, I thought I would have to wait till results day.
Thankyou so much for your help
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,
I have applied for Primary education with QTS, how would I apply for clearing online? I didn't know I could still do this if I had an offer, I thought I would have to wait till results day.
Thankyou so much for your help

Hi there,

If you have your results already, you can apply online via the link below for your course.
https://www.bcu.ac.uk/courses/primary-education-with-qts-ba-hons-2023-24

If you're still waiting for your results, then you can give the university a call on results day. Apologies, I think I was a bit confusing in the way I worded my last reply.

You can apply online using the above link if you have your grades, but if you're still waiting, then you can give the university a call on results day.

Good luck!
Emily

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending