The Student Room Group

tanning moisturisers??

i guess this has probably already been discussed in this forum but im new and im not gonna sit and read through hundreds of threads.

SO: what do you think about these tanning moisturisers? ive got the johnsons holiday skin but think its possibly a bit streaky and also ends up smelling quite strongly of fake tan by the next day... anyone feel that dove or any of the others are better?

comments appreciated... xx
Reply 1
I like the Johnsons one but when you stop using it, you go all aptchy as it wears off. Or maybe that's just me...
Reply 2
Dove Summer Glow is good, I haven't noticed any streaks or anything and it smells quite nice
Reply 3
garnier summer body smells sooooooo good and works really well as an actual moisturiser, i've found the other ones haven't been so good as moisturisers.
Reply 4
i know lots of people have said that they don't like it but i prefer the Johnsons holiday skin. It works really well as long as you rub it in thoroughly and don't use to much.
my friend doesn't like the johnsons one. she's quite patchy and streaky and orange. i laugh.
Reply 6
grace
garnier summer body smells sooooooo good and works really well as an actual moisturiser

i love it, it does smell greta and my normally dry legs are staying very undry, even when i don't use it everyday.
Reply 7
Botanics golden glow body lotion. A few applications = a light, natural tan. No orangeness.
Reply 8
Garnier Summer Body is well worth a try. The Johnson's one is crap.
dove smells absolutely gorgeous and, although it claims to work after 5 applications, i was v chuffed after 2 :smile:
Reply 10
The loreal isnt streaky but thats probably because it makes sod all difference at all, put it on twice a day for a week and i cant tell i swear. hate johnsons cos it makes me streaky, havent bothered to try any others, think im just gona shell out for some st tropez :frown:
I've tried both the Johnsons one and the Garnier one and both have been really good. The Garnier one is less thick and sticky but I haven't used it enough to say how good it is as tanning. The Johnson's one is really good though-no streaks or tango tan! :biggrin:
Reply 12
I found that the Garnier Summer Body needed loads of applications before I looked even a little more tanned but it smelt really good! Johnsons is good but like people have sad it does really smell of fake tan the next day, I've heared the Dove one's good...might give it a try! I like how these new fake tan/moisturisers don't make you look tango'd either! :-D
Reply 13
Tried the Johnsons one and it left me with orange streaks and so I gave up with that one.

At the minute i'm using Olay's everyday sunshine body moisturiser and I've found it really good. Only used it 4 times and already have a nice summer glow and it smells really good too! Its on offer in Superdrug at the mo for £3.99!

If all else fails I just slap on the St Tropez, but at the minute the Olay is doing its job!
Reply 14
I hate the Johnsons one.

I currently have the Dove one, Garnier one and the Nivea one. All are great. The Nivea one is probably the best though. It's a lovely colour and makes your skin all silky.
Reply 15
do you have to exfoliate before you use it? people in my pe class have rather dirty looking knees from using it, male pe teacher found it hilarious with orange blotchy girls running around...thinking about it thats rather perverted.
Reply 16
Garnier one's great. Johnson's smells of old socks.
Reply 17
I like the smell of the Johnsons one and it works a few hours after the first application.
johnsons is rubbish...too streaky
i use dove and its amazing...proper natural looking tan...and i use a glove thing...seriously no one thinks its fake wooo !!
Reply 19
I quite like the Nivea one. Get the 'old' version in Savers for £2.99 for a massive one. To be honest I prefer to use seperate moisturiser (Vaseline intensive one in yellow bottle) and then use regular fake tan. So much more effective. (ETA: I shower and moisturise in the morning and fake tan at night...not straight afterwards).

Latest