The Student Room Group

What is the best skincare routine

So I turned 20 recently and I'm a man. I've spent so much money on different products like snail mucin etc. I don't have a clue how to see a dermatologist in the UK as my GP's arent referring me I've been given medications like benzoyl peroxide for acne which worked but after using for 2 years I'm probably resistant and the gp has given me adapalene now. I want to know is simple skincare really the best or are the 10 step Korean ones better? I'm thinking of just cutting to AM - no cleanser just wash face with water, moisturiser then spf and on PM - cleanser, Adapalene some days, moisturiser and take away things like snail mucin. Will this give me that clean glowy skin I see people get? I have combo/oily skin I think
Original post by Rohan007best
So I turned 20 recently and I'm a man. I've spent so much money on different products like snail mucin etc. I don't have a clue how to see a dermatologist in the UK as my GP's arent referring me I've been given medications like benzoyl peroxide for acne which worked but after using for 2 years I'm probably resistant and the gp has given me adapalene now. I want to know is simple skincare really the best or are the 10 step Korean ones better? I'm thinking of just cutting to AM - no cleanser just wash face with water, moisturiser then spf and on PM - cleanser, Adapalene some days, moisturiser and take away things like snail mucin. Will this give me that clean glowy skin I see people get? I have combo/oily skin I think
Simple is key. Yes people do like using 10 step routines but you don't need to be doing that in order to get good skin. I you have oily skin, it is said that you SHOULD wash your face in the morning as it can help remove excess sebum and dead skin cells, which can clog the pores.
There is an app called babylon which is like an online GP/derm. You have to put some details in but then you can facetime or call a doctor/dermatologits about anything by scheduling an appoitment with them. If they pescribe you a treatment, then you would just pick it up and pay for it at a pharmacy. This is what i've been doing for 3 different treatments and its made life so much more easier

Quick Reply

Latest