The Student Room Group

compare/contrast Q's

Hey guys I saw my psych teacher today (the decent one not the rubbish one) and mentioned about compare/contrast Qs and I thought I'd inform you all that she said that she went to a conference for teachers and they said that they're not going to set compare/contrast qs anymore because of how everyone struggles and the examiners have a hard time marking in being fair to everyone because so many people can't do it. However, she said obviously she doesn't know whether that new rule applies for our paper or just the ones after but she knows that she won't have to teach compare/contrast from next year...
Reply 1
Cool..i hope we don't get those Q's.
does that apply to all the paper? including therapies?
:suith:
Yeah I asked my teacher about that too and I don't think it will apply to us...(I hope...)
Reply 3
Ow please please please let there not be a c/c question!

getting to stressed trying to work out essay plans that im giving up!

i will b praying every nite if anyone wants to join me lol!
Reply 4
^ im praying with you !
Reply 5
Thats good news :biggrin: But even if there is a compare and contrast question - the AO1 part is just explaining the approaches so we will defo be ok with A01 if that makes anyone feel better. The compare and contrast counts as A02. I was worried at first that its A01 and A02 xxx
Reply 6
^^^ yeps

the AO2 is easy rly, all u need to put is similarities and differences between them and elaborate a bit.
I'm gonna have a plan in the back of my mind just in case it pops up
Reply 7
argh,well i hope its just a straightforward one like talk about behavioural therapies. (",)
Reply 8
^ What!? ..I thought they would only ask you like e.g. explanations of biological or psychological? Not sub-topics within that?
Reply 9
xxnizxx
^ What!? ..I thought they would only ask you like e.g. explanations of biological or psychological? Not sub-topics within that?

cordelia means the treatments question I think (Q3) they do specify for that but not for psychopathology (schiz, depression, anxiety) (Q2).

Latest

Trending

Trending