The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by BayHarborButcher
Mmm yeah I guess they aren't that bad, I've probably been doing really solid ones compared to the exam :s-smilie: Fields are a piss take, hate them so much. I really hope that unit 5 is easier, dont really like physics atm, well 98 is still an A right?? Yeah past papers got me an A at AS, the physics teaching in my school is realllly crap. And it's such a piss take having no January exams!! Argh it means I have all 7 in June and Im bound to mess up at least one!

I'll have eight exams in June, and might retake one or two on top of that, you're lucky to only have seven!

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Original post by lizz-ie
I'll have eight exams in June, and might retake one or two on top of that, you're lucky to only have seven!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I might have 8, just depends. If you have 8 because you took 4 A levels then I cant give any sympathy :P
Original post by iLayton
That's the way to do it mate, do the solid ones.. it can only get easier :L Do you know what option you are doing for unit 5? haha yeah, guess i can't complain about the 98! Yeah, 7 A2 exams sounds pretty full on, i had 4! But im sure you will do fine mate!

Erm turning points or some **** like that, according to my teachers it's boring but the easiest haha. 98 is deceeeent, yeah you see it woulda been noice to destroy C3, physics unit 4 and chem 4 in Jan but nope apparently that would be unfair by Michael Gove. I really wanna just get to uni because I've heard of some of the crap that that prick wants to do to the schools system!!
Reply 183
I might have 8, just depends. If you have 8 because you took 4 A levels then I cant give any sympathy :P

Only taking three :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lizz-ie
Only taking three :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

Then gooooood luck!! What did you take? O_o I just don't understand people who take more than 3 and then complain about too many exams -_-
Reply 185
Then gooooood luck!! What did you take? O_o I just don't understand people who take more than 3 and then complain about too many exams -_-

Thank you, you too! And Biology, Chemistry and Maths, but I have to do an AS Further Maths exam too because my school have a stupid policy where you're only allowed to do five Maths exams in year 12 :frown: What subjects do you take? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lizz-ie
Thank you, you too! And Biology, Chemistry and Maths, but I have to do an AS Further Maths exam too because my school have a stupid policy where you're only allowed to do five Maths exams in year 12 :frown: What subjects do you take? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha cheers :P That's flipping stupid, if you're in A2 then doing a further maths AS wont help at all?! O_o 5 maths exams would be grimmmm. Im doing maths, chem and physics :smile: Physics is a right ball ache!
Reply 187
Erm turning points or some **** like that, according to my teachers it's boring but the easiest haha. 98 is deceeeent, yeah you see it woulda been noice to destroy C3, physics unit 4 and chem 4 in Jan but nope apparently that would be unfair by Michael Gove. I really wanna just get to uni because I've heard of some of the crap that that prick wants to do to the schools system!!

Yeah that's what I did... Most of it is pretty straight forward, just a bit of theory to learn! The rest is just equations really, but there is a bit of electric fields thrown in, but not as much detail as unit 4. Haha, yeah I think I finished at the right time !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 188
haha cheers :P That's flipping stupid, if you're in A2 then doing a further maths AS wont help at all?! O_o 5 maths exams would be grimmmm. Im doing maths, chem and physics :smile: Physics is a right ball ache!

I need four AS Levels though :s-smilie: Only have to do C3, C4, M1 and S2 this year though, did C1, C2, S1, D1 and FP1 last year! I've heard Physics is horrible, however I wish I'd taken it instead of Biology :tongue: What course do you want to do at uni? :smile:
Original post by iLayton
Yeah that's what I did... Most of it is pretty straight forward, just a bit of theory to learn! The rest is just equations really, but there is a bit of electric fields thrown in, but not as much detail as unit 4. Haha, yeah I think I finished at the right time !

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope it's straight forward! Electric fields are grim I think, just the theory kinda questions get annoying :s-smilie: I've different things like AS counting for nothing and only A2 meaning anything or getting every uni to have admissions tests as a way to split people up from the rest O_o
Original post by lizz-ie
I need four AS Levels though :s-smilie: Only have to do C3, C4, M1 and S2 this year though, did C1, C2, S1, D1 and FP1 last year! I've heard Physics is horrible, however I wish I'd taken it instead of Biology :tongue: What course do you want to do at uni? :smile:

Oh you only did 3 AS?? In fairness though you can get away with 3! I guess that isn't thattt bad. I did edexcel M1 this year and being fair it was completely fine, it is harder than S1 and D1 everyone says but it's pretty easy tbh. But wow 5 maths exams musta been a pain! Noooo every single person I know that dropped biology and does physics says they really hate physics compared to bio! :P And chemical engineering, you?
Reply 191
Oh you only did 3 AS?? In fairness though you can get away with 3! I guess that isn't thattt bad. I did edexcel M1 this year and being fair it was completely fine, it is harder than S1 and D1 everyone says but it's pretty easy tbh. But wow 5 maths exams musta been a pain! Noooo every single person I know that dropped biology and does physics says they really hate physics compared to bio! :P And chemical engineering, you?

Yes, my school is stupid :frown: would much rather have done 6 last year and 3 this year though! Doing 5 last year actually wasn't too bad :smile: I really hate Biology, I find it harder than all of my other subjects, really wish I could drop it! And Chemistry :smile: have you heard anything yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lizz-ie
Yes, my school is stupid :frown: would much rather have done 6 last year and 3 this year though! Doing 5 last year actually wasn't too bad :smile: I really hate Biology, I find it harder than all of my other subjects, really wish I could drop it! And Chemistry :smile: have you heard anything yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that woulda made more sense, or it woulda made even more sense just to not do the AS in further maths :P I've heard maaany times that chemistry is the hardest A-level but I guess it's kinda subjective, but I hate biology at GCSE :s-smilie: You dont wanna do physics trust me. Niceee haha, erm AAA offer from Leeds and interviews at Brummy and Manchester :smile: What about you?
Reply 193
Yeah that woulda made more sense, or it woulda made even more sense just to not do the AS in further maths :P I've heard maaany times that chemistry is the hardest A-level but I guess it's kinda subjective, but I hate biology at GCSE :s-smilie: You dont wanna do physics trust me. Niceee haha, erm AAA offer from Leeds and interviews at Brummy and Manchester :smile: What about you?

Interviews at Sheffield and York but York said they're going to give me an offer :smile: and Birmingham told me in August that they'll give me an offer but I haven't heard anything from them since! :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lizz-ie
Interviews at Sheffield and York but York said they're going to give me an offer :smile: and Birmingham told me in August that they'll give me an offer but I haven't heard anything from them since! :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

From what I've heard, when you get an interview you are likely to get an offer (bar medicine) so nice one! You applied in August?! O_o I'd say just keep waiting and if hear nothing by Christmas time then I'd phone up/email just asking what's happening :P
Is anybody applying to do International relations with political science?
Reply 196
From what I've heard, when you get an interview you are likely to get an offer (bar medicine) so nice one! You applied in August?! O_o I'd say just keep waiting and if hear nothing by Christmas time then I'd phone up/email just asking what's happening :P

No, you can't actually apply until September, but I applied on the 4th October :smile: I went to this thing in the summer at Birmingham for Chemistry, and we had a mock interview and lecture, tutorial and lab class, it was really cool! But since everyone that went there got a mock interview with one of the staff, they said that they wouldn't need to interview us again :smile:
Original post by lizz-ie
No, you can't actually apply until September, but I applied on the 4th October :smile: I went to this thing in the summer at Birmingham for Chemistry, and we had a mock interview and lecture, tutorial and lab class, it was really cool! But since everyone that went there got a mock interview with one of the staff, they said that they wouldn't need to interview us again :smile:

oooooh righttttt, I did something similar, like a summer school thing in chem eng at the Uni of Bath mine was. We didnt do mock interviews but Im 90% sure they'd want me if I applied... But I decided Bath is too far and just too small. But fair do's, in that case I reckon they'll take a little longer to reply, like after the first lot of interviews have been done maybe?
Reply 198
oooooh righttttt, I did something similar, like a summer school thing in chem eng at the Uni of Bath mine was. We didnt do mock interviews but Im 90% sure they'd want me if I applied... But I decided Bath is too far and just too small. But fair do's, in that case I reckon they'll take a little longer to reply, like after the first lot of interviews have been done maybe?

I just want them to reply soon, heard from everywhere but there and Oxford now, Birmingham are taking ages! I decided Bath was too far as well, but then I think most places are too far from home :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chloerebecca96
Is anybody applying to do International relations with political science?

I am!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending