The Student Room Group

Birmingham City v Nottingham Trent

Hi I am applying to study Visual Effects next year and wondering whether anyone has any comments re Nottingham Trent or Birmingham ? Any comments about the course, Uni or City as a whole appreciated. Thanks
Reply 1
In terms of the locations, you should maybe visit both cities to see which you prefer. Birmingham is bigger. I would also look in detail at each course to see which suits you best. I would read as much as you can online about each university and city to get more of a 'feel' for them.
(edited 2 years ago)
Apparently Notts Trent is a great university but again i can't say too much as I am not at university there aha. Don't know a lot about Birmingham City uni though. I imagine Birmingham to be a lovely place and a great university apparently Birmingham New uni is good on teaching aha but thats soulfully me aha but I'd explore both unis if I was you
Original post by supe
Hi I am applying to study Visual Effects next year and wondering whether anyone has any comments re Nottingham Trent or Birmingham ? Any comments about the course, Uni or City as a whole appreciated. Thanks
This reply is a couple of years late so not sure if you will see this…what university did you end up choosing?
i have offers from bcu and ntu for visual communications and am currently deciding which university to accept.
Original post by spiciicheese
This reply is a couple of years late so not sure if you will see this…what university did you end up choosing?
i have offers from bcu and ntu for visual communications and am currently deciding which university to accept.
Hi @spiciicheese

Congrats on your offers! Have you thought about attending an applicant taster day here at BCU? Once you received your offer, you should have received an email about booking an applicant day. This is a great opportunity to visit the uni, meet your tutors and get a feel for the campus. Maybe NTU offers something similar so you can compare the two?

Best of luck.
Emily :smile:
Student Rep at BCU

Quick Reply

Latest