The Student Room Group

Applying for English Lit with Access to HE (no A Levels)

Hi!! I'm a mature student (22 a.t.o application) looking to apply to Birmingham City Uni for English and Journalism/English Lit, but I also really want to take a chance and apply to University of Birmingham for English Lit. I have a 6 in my English GCSE and i'm currently on an access course taking two humanities subjects but I didn't have the opportunity to take English as it wasn't an option at my college unfortunately. Is this a waste of a UCAS application slot, or is it worth taking the risk? I perform very well in essay writing, I'm confident with my PS and I do well in interviews, so I'm really hoping they'll consider me despite my qualifications or lack thereof.
(edited 5 months ago)
Is this Birmingham, Bradford, Bath, Bristol or anywhere else. Use actual names not letters than can mean anything
Reply 2
Original post by swanseajack1
Is this Birmingham, Bradford, Bath, Bristol or anywhere else. Use actual names not letters than can mean anything

sorry !! i edited the original post :smile:
Reply 3
Email the individual Uni and ask them.
Original post by finnalisha
sorry !! i edited the original post :smile:

Nobody can tell whether you will get an offer. Birmingham state they will look at Access to HE on a case by case basis. You can either email them as advised or go ahead and apply anyway as your reach university which is what I would suggest. If they are going to accept an access course a humanities course is likely to be the one they will accept.

Even if they reject you you will still likely have offers elsewhere. At least you will have the satisfaction of having tried.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending