The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Can I apply to a course after I submitted my UCAS application?

I want to apply to the university of Birmingham for chemical engineering, however, I have already submitted the application. I am aware of the UCAS Extra, but I am worried that if I do that I still won't find a place. How can I ensure that there are places left in the course, and is there another method that I can apply?
Thank you
Original post by Anonymous
I want to apply to the university of Birmingham for chemical engineering, however, I have already submitted the application. I am aware of the UCAS Extra, but I am worried that if I do that I still won't find a place. How can I ensure that there are places left in the course, and is there another method that I can apply?
Thank you

Are you saying that you already applied to University of Birmingham, albeit for a different course, and now watch to switch to Chemical Engineering instead? If so, just contact the admissions office and request the change. Note that they may ask for an new Personal Statement if your original course was very different.

Or are you saying that you didn't apply to University of Birmingham at all, but now want to? If so, the only way of doing so would via UCAS Extra. Although UCAS try to indicate whether a course is still accepting applications (via their "Show courses with vacancies" filter) - and they do show that it's still accepting applications - your best bet is to contact the university to check. UCAS don't always know when each course closes to applications, unfortunately.

There's always UCAS Clearing too, but that won't even open until July.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Original post by DataVenia
Are you saying that you already applied to University of Birmingham, albeit for a different course, and now watch to switch to Chemical Engineering instead? If so, just contact the admissions office and request the change. Note that they may ask for an new Personal Statement if your original course was very different.

Or are you saying that you didn't apply to University of Birmingham at all, but now want to? If so, the only way of doing so would via UCAS Extra. Although UCAS try to indicate whether a course is still accepting applications (via their "Show courses with vacancies" filter) - and they do show that it's still accepting applications - your best bet is to contact the university to check. UCAS don't always know when each course closes to applications, unfortunately.

There's always UCAS Clearing too, but that won't even open until July.

I’m saying that I haven’t applied to UoB in the first place. Is it possible to contact the university via email? Because I couldn’t find an email address pertaining to chemical engineering admissions or admissions in general. Thank you !
Original post by Anonymous
I’m saying that I haven’t applied to UoB in the first place. Is it possible to contact the university via email? Because I couldn’t find an email address pertaining to chemical engineering admissions or admissions in general. Thank you !

Some universities prefer you to use an on-line form to submit queries. University of Birmingham is one such university; their form is here.

If you prefer, you could call them at +44 (0)121 414 3344.
Original post by Anonymous #1
hey did you end up applying through UCAS extra? How did it go? I also want to go through UCAS extra for chemical engineering for a different university, even though I got 4 offers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending