The Student Room Group

Glasgow A100 Applicants - 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by kierandoran
According to one of the previous posters they'll be interviewing more this year, so maybe the cut off will go down, and as you said the entry requirements have increased too :smile:

I go to St Paul's in Glasgow. With the programme it's either a 2 grade decrease in entry requirements i.e you could get in with AAABB, or if you meet the requirements like i did then it's a 10% increase in UKCAT... I'm not sure how it'll work with you doing it last year though, i think it might still come into effect for you though, i believe it's the first time you apply that it can be used.

Oh i see, yeah its the 2 grade or 10%, but you dont get the 10% on 2nd attempt thats why i had alot of pressure on my ukcat! but glad its over!! either way your fine even without reach i take it then.
Yeah i saw that post too but i wouldnt bank on it too much but your fine for an interview anyways. :smile: just means more competition :wink:?
Original post by Chi-
I don't think they would change it back to 800.
Theres no reason to is there?

No i doubt they would, but maybe a bit more interviews, 600-650 or something. No one can really know anyway until they officially release the info.
Original post by Chi-
Oh i see, yeah its the 2 grade or 10%, but you dont get the 10% on 2nd attempt thats why i had alot of pressure on my ukcat! but glad its over!! either way your fine even without reach i take it then.
Yeah i saw that post too but i wouldnt bank on it too much but your fine for an interview anyways. :smile: just means more competition :wink:?

Yeah well I'm nearly 100% sure you'll get an interview with your UKCAT anyway!:smile: exactly, definitely much better to get an interview when there's less of them!
Original post by Chi-
Hey, i got 712.5 band 2.
Don't worry thats a great score btw! are you applying to edinburgh? Stuck between edinburgh and st andrews but im thinking edinburgh atm.

yeah edinburgh. I'm not applying to st andrews.
Original post by lossy1234
I rang Glasgow and they said last year cut off was about 2700 and that could decrease because they are expecting to interview a few more than last year.

Also they said that there are 60 places for RUK Students

Oh, that'll be good if their cut offs decrease. I feel a bit risky with my 697.5 avg.
And wow that's not many places at all, I don't know why but expected them to take at least 80 RUK students :/
Reply 105
Original post by emily-fields
yeah edinburgh. I'm not applying to st andrews.

Alright any particular reason why?
Original post by Chi-
Alright any particular reason why?

Well I'd just rather not have to move about after 3rd year really :tongue: Also don't really wanna do an extra year.
Reply 107
Original post by emily-fields
Well I'd just rather not have to move about after 3rd year really :tongue: Also don't really wanna do an extra year.

Fair enough, i think im gonna choose edinburgh, but id probs have a better chance with st andrews, arghh!
I got 695. I thought it was quite a safe score for Glasgow? I guess not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by letsbehonest
I got 695. I thought it was quite a safe score for Glasgow? I guess not. Posted from TSR Mobile

In my opinion that should be a safe score.
In my opinion that should be a safe score.

Thanks! Hopefully *fingers crossed*
Reply 111
on 60ish spaces for RUK applicants ..
Reply 112
Original post by letsbehonest
Thanks! Hopefully *fingers crossed*

I'm applying with 695 too! I think we should be okay!
Original post by MX123
on 60ish spaces for RUK applicants ..

From what I've heard for the past few years there hasn't been a separate cut off for RUK applicants.
Reply 114
From what I've heard for the past few years there hasn't been a separate cut off for RUK applicants.

Yeah but there are still only 60ish available spaces they can give to RUK students
Edit; *Sorry!! Wrong thread!*
Original post by MX123
Yeah but there are still only 60ish available spaces they can give to RUK students

How many RUK applicants were called for interview?
Reply 117
Original post by Temmystical
How many RUK applicants were called for interview?

Not sure, gonna phone and ask

On a side note, does anyone think the cut off will exceed 720 this year?
Reply 118
On their website it states that interviews take place in December. So this means that all 500-600 interviews are conducted in one month?
Original post by akpad
On their website it states that interviews take place in December. So this means that all 500-600 interviews are conducted in one month?

I think they do tend to over run into early January.

Apparently interviews at Glasgow last something ridiculously short like 15 minutes. Say the admissions administrators work for 5 hours a day, that's what, 20 interviewees, times 30 days ... 600 ish. Yeah, they probably can fit everyone in!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending